Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Government Helps Eli on his Whitefish hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tongue planted firmly in cheek:

"Thousands of whitefish are being trucked from the Ottawa area to their new home [Simcoe] this week – more than 140,000 in fact. Those fish will be in Lake Simcoe by Thursday night as the Ministry of Natural Resources begins to stock the lake with whitefish fingerlings."

Read more: http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/mnr-stocking-la...z2iZUWqAo3

Not that I have ever caught any and I have caught just a fraction of the species he's caught. I just saw this and thought it was funny.

There are 140000 how hard could it be to catch one?
Hahaha! Big Grin

Last year it was harder than usual...

It's okay...worst case scenario, we'll take Eli to Michael's spot to check that species off...if he has time, we can even do two overnights on the ice for that weekend.
(10-23-2013 02:35 PM)zippyFX Wrote: [ -> ]Tongue planted firmly in cheek:

There are about 6,000,000 Ontario Chinook in Lake Ontario....... some people have yet to catch one..............smile

OT
(10-23-2013 03:35 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2013 02:35 PM)zippyFX Wrote: [ -> ]Tongue planted firmly in cheek:

There are about 6,000,000 Ontario Chinook in Lake Ontario....... some people have yet to catch one..............smile

OT

LOL good one
They're actually one of the most common species of cold water fish in Canada. They're just extremely tight-lipped and arrogant when it comes to biting.

I watched pods of them cruising on a wild river in the Northwest Territories several weeks ago (more on this soon), but could not get one to bite. Inconnu are child's play compared to lake whitefish...

Ken, that trip is going to happen this winter. Gotta get you down here in January for some big smelt too..
It is currently snowing in OttawaSmile
(10-24-2013 01:53 PM)Eli Wrote: [ -> ]Ken, that trip is going to happen this winter. Gotta get you down here in January for some big smelt too..

It is currently snowing in OttawaSmile

Yes sir! Missed out last year...not going to miss out this year. Big Grin

I want some gargantuan burbot too!!! Oh yeah...and some sauger if we can find them. Tongue

If I have to save my time and money for the Ottawa/Quebec trip...I'll do it...even at the expense of spending less time on Simcoe for Lakers and those local kindergarten-size hammerhandles...
Reference URL's