Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ontario Fish Lengths and Weight by Age
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I was wondering how they compared so I compiled this spreadsheet from an old Ontario government published book.

Results from more/less fertile waters might vary.

[attachment=737]

Interesting................. with a few eye openers.

The data in the book didn't go past 13 or 14 years too often. Too bad.... as some of these larger species of fish can live in excess of 40 years.

Cheers,

OldTimer
What was the eye opener for you, OT?

Finally, someone post some honest weights to the length of fish (expected no less since data was collected for scientific purposes). Too often I've seen people overestimate the weight of their fish. Tongue
(01-11-2014 01:48 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]What was the eye opener for you, OT?

Finally, someone post some honest weights to the length of fish (expected no less since data was collected for scientific purposes). Too often I've seen people overestimate the weight of their fish. Tongue

The length growth rate of rainbow smelt was a surprise.

and

I thought that Largemouth vs Smallmouth would have had a wider spread........... perhaps our colder waters and shorter warm weather seasons slow the largemouth.

OT
Another data point form In-Fisherman is that a Channel Cat at age 9 is 15 inches in the St.Lawrence (they say Quebec).
Reference URL's