Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: 2014 OSF Multi-Species Challenge!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2014 OSF Multi-Species Challenge

Contest Judge: Giuga10

Start: March 15th, 2014
End: December 31st, 2014

To participate simply create a new thread in this forum titled:

[your username]'s 2014 OSF Multi-Species Challenge Entries

Rules:
  • All fish species (native, introduced, invasive, micro) count.
  • Fishing locations restricted to Ontario ONLY.
  • All fishing methods are allowed.
  • All fish must be caught legally. Within open season of that species. Fish must be caught on hook and line only. NO snagging, bowfishing, or netting. Fish must be caught within waters open for fishing for the particular species (no sanctuaries or targeting fish that has year round closures).
  • No exceptions for incidental catches (that is, if you were fishing for Rainbow Trout during open Trout season and you caught a Bass when Bass season is still closed, you cannot count the Bass when it is caught out of season at that location).
  • A species entry can only be counted when photographs clearly show identifying characteristics. A blurry picture will disqualify the species entry.

For fish identification help see this thread: http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...tification (Big thanks to OldTimer for that)

If you have any questions or comments PM Giuga10.

Message from the Mod:

Although I proposed this competition I would still like to participate in it. Do you guys have any problems with me participating in it since I'm the moderator?
I like this idea. Anyone on this forum can join? And how do you select the winner in the end? Most species caught or a factor of species caught and sizes?
Most species caught only. Size and quantity of each species is not a factor here. It is difficult enough trying to catch over 30 species in a season.

Giuga, thanks for taking the initiative on this. SOMEONE is obviously too busy fishing this winter to care Tongue *ahem ahem*, and he's been MIA on here quite a bit. I have no problem with your participation even as a judge. I can co-moderate this challenge again as well, but definitely like to participate also. You guys better watch out! Tongue
(02-25-2014 11:46 AM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Giuga, thanks for taking the initiative on this. SOMEONE is obviously too busy fishing this winter to care Tongue *ahem ahem*, and he's been MIA on here quite a bit. I have no problem with your participation even as a judge. I can co-moderate this challenge again as well, but definitely like to participate also. You guys better watch out! Tongue

Thank-you for spearheading this Nick! Since I returned from Florida my days have been something along the lines of wake up, drive to fish, fish, drive to work, work, drive home, post report, prepare to fish, wake up, drive to fish...

And so on. This morning is actually only the 2nd chunk of free time I've had all winter in which I haven't gone fishing. Confused

Life is grand. Someone said something about moderation? LOL
Hey Giuga10,

Of course you, and all, should and MUST participate otherwise how do we whupp you this year............ smile.

The more the merrier.

BTW - any new members - it's all for just for fun - so please join us in this giggle.

and yes.......... Life is grand.. live it.

OT
(02-25-2014 10:50 AM)Christopher.govan Wrote: [ -> ]I like this idea. Anyone on this forum can join? And how do you select the winner in the end? Most species caught or a factor of species caught and sizes?

Yep anyone can join, and just most species caught.
(02-25-2014 10:50 AM)Christopher.govan Wrote: [ -> ]I like this idea. Anyone on this forum can join? And how do you select the winner in the end? Most species caught or a factor of species caught and sizes?

Take a look at this link and see the entries from last year. Should give you a good idea:

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/For...-Challenge
Wow. I like this idea. Definitely will not be a contender but I will take part. Can't wait for spring to get here.
Looking forward to this...

Gotta ask, why Ontario catches only? Seems to me like a species caught is a species caught, and there is at least one member living outside of Ontario who would not be able to partake...
(02-28-2014 11:51 PM)Eli Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to this...

Gotta ask, why Ontario catches only? Seems to me like a species caught is a species caught, and there is at least one member living outside of Ontario who would not be able to partake...

The vast majority of members (by a long shot) are in Ontario..... and after all this is Ontario Shore Fishing......... and many members are unable to afford, want to, or have time to travel.

OT
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's