Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Identification Help Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LOL. Sorry OT. I was trying to edit a post I've written and I think I click delete by accident. I don't know if it was a glitch or not...but I was editing a post that was a few above our discussion and by deleting that I deleted all the following post. That's the only thing I remember doing.

If we are physically standing on and fishing from Zone 16, even if we fish into Zone 20, I believe rules of Zone 16 still applies, no? Because once you land the fish, that fish crossed the waters edge into Zone 16. That's what I'm learned all these years. Or perhaps I was wrong all these years?
Oh, and keep my mod authority for the contest. I do delete bantering under entry post and try to put entries together in one post rather than separate posts. Plus if there are mis-identification, I do correct them.
(04-04-2014 03:45 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. Sorry OT. I was trying to edit a post I've written and I think I click delete by accident. I don't know if it was a glitch or not...but I was editing a post that was a few above our discussion and by deleting that I deleted all the following post. That's the only thing I remember doing.

If we are physically standing on and fishing from Zone 16, even if we fish into Zone 20, I believe rules of Zone 16 still applies, no? Because once you land the fish, that fish crossed the waters edge into Zone 16. That's what I'm learned all these years. Or perhaps I was wrong all these years?

Honest - I've been doing this a very long time, and on a few occasions have talked to MNR officers while doing it in Owen Sound and they didn't cuff me up.

Many times at Bronte, lots at the old Lakeview power plant, the 50 Point rock pile, Owen Sound harbour, South Hampton pier, Port Dalhousie, Goderich, the old Collingwood pier, Leith shore, etc.............and many locations on Erie.

A new horizon opens for you - just study the maps in the links cuz some harbours, and piers have odd "line of sight or strange defined" boundaries

OT

Edit: the regulations are regarding the fish and where they are swimming.
Cool. Thanks OT.
OK pros, I need a hand with this one. Caught last night in the Rouge River, I think it's either a common shiner (likely) or a creek chub. There is a well placed piece of dirt at the front base of the dorsal fin, but no dark spot that I saw. The pic doesn't show it too well, but there was a definite blue hue to the fish. The scales are what's leading me more towards shiner, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance
(08-30-2014 09:40 AM)Fossil Fish Wrote: [ -> ]OK pros, I need a hand with this one. Caught last night in the Rouge River, I think it's either a common shiner (likely) or a creek chub. There is a well placed piece of dirt at the front base of the dorsal fin, but no dark spot that I saw. The pic doesn't show it too well, but there was a definite blue hue to the fish. The scales are what's leading me more towards shiner, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance

Definitely an atlantic salmon smolt! Cool
(08-30-2014 11:53 AM)Toasty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2014 09:40 AM)Fossil Fish Wrote: [ -> ]OK pros, I need a hand with this one. Caught last night in the Rouge River, I think it's either a common shiner (likely) or a creek chub. There is a well placed piece of dirt at the front base of the dorsal fin, but no dark spot that I saw. The pic doesn't show it too well, but there was a definite blue hue to the fish. The scales are what's leading me more towards shiner, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance

Definitely an atlantic salmon smolt! Cool
I don't think so. The scales seem too large, there are no spots/bars and most noticeably, there is no adipose fin.
I don't think so. The scales seem too large, there are no spots/bars and most noticeably, there is no adipose fin.

[/quote]

just.. a.. joke.. lol
shiner
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's