Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hello to All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently just moved to Toronto from Vancouver and live on the lake in Mimico. I've been a Chef for the last 20 years and as such have filleted, braised, basted, fried, roasted, pickled, grilled & pan-seared 100,000 lbs. plus of fish and thought it was time I tried to catch as much!Tongue

I am by no means an experienced fisher, leaning more towards a newbie. I must admit that a great day to me can be just throwing a worm on hook, setting the rod in a stand & crackin a beer as I watch the day float by...

I would like to access the reports section one day as I would like to catch some big ol' fish out here but not really sure how I'm gonna get 15 posts when I don't really have any valid info to help you guys out with other than I rented a 24hr hut on Simcoe a couple weeks ago and I nor the 20 other huts around me saw or marked any lakers or whities.

Anyhow thanks to all for the posts on this forum, the info that I have gleaned has been quite helpful and I can't wait for some open water!

Ciao
I can definitely get you on some fish in exchange for your fish filleting abilities! hahaha I tend to waste a lot of meat due to my inefficiencies with a knife! But I have no shortage of fish coming in!
Hey Wishin'

Welcome to OSF.

Hope you'll share a few of your better "easy" yet tasty recipes for Ontario game fish, or associated tips, with us on our cooking thread.

It may be worth noting that as an option to 16 posts - you can also earn early access to the reports section by posting up a "first" report in that sub-section, - of suitable quality & pics(as judged by the moderator).

Cheers,

OldTimer
(03-18-2014 02:06 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Wishin'

Welcome to OSF.

Hope you'll share a few of your better "easy" yet tasty recipes for Ontario game fish, or associated tips, with us on our cooking thread.

It may be worth noting that as an option to 16 posts - you can also earn early access to the reports section by posting up a "first" report in that sub-section, - of suitable quality & pics(as judged by the moderator).

Cheers,

OldTimer

That's great to know, thanks OT I'll definitely give that a go on my next successful outing. And BTW you've definitely been a big help with all the info you've posted on this site. As for the recipes, a lot of Ontario's game fish we don't have out west and even as a restaurateur I couldn't get my hands on them so I'm definitely looking forward to creating some when I literally "get my hands on them". Specially looking forward to cooking up my first pike.
Welcome,

Ontario has some very tasty fish to pick from, personally I'd recommend Crappie and Walleye (I'm sure others would as well).

I'm definitely interested in learning a recipe or two from you, I'm starting to cook now and would love to experiment with some fish recipes.

Giuga10
Welcome! What species of fish did you catch in Vancouver?
Reference URL's