Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Navionics on line mapping of Canadian Lakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now THIS is cool.......... look around & zoom in for more details:

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

Cheers,

OldTimer
(03-27-2014 02:45 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Now THIS is cool.......... look around & zoom in for more details:

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

Cheers,

OldTimer
that's pretty amazing! Thanks!
Been looking at those charts for a while. Wish they have some way to get coordinates off those charts.
(03-27-2014 03:12 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Been looking at those charts for a while. Wish they have some way to get coordinates off those charts.

Canadian inland just added March 14, 2014.

Hybrid view is neat too - gets the satellite view of land going.

Maybe the pay versions give co-ords....????

Cheers,

OldTimer
Paid ones do give coordinates on the GPS unit.
Cool, thanks for the link. This will be very helpful!
I've used this before but like MB said, there's no way to get coordinates.

There's a rough way around this, but it relies on Google Maps coordinates which I do not believe to be very accurate (will keep testing it out). First, take a screenshot of your lake in the free maps in the Webapp and open it up. Then, open up your lake in Google Maps. Now, use a lot of ALT-TAB and delicate mousework to superimpose the two images on your screen. You want the lake outline to match up when you ALT-TAB between your browser and the screenshot of the lake.

Put your mouse on the structure you want, use ALT-TAB to switch to Google Maps and right-click to get the coordinates.

It will take some playing around to get the two to line up, and they won't line up perfectly.
Never will line up - 2D image of 3D object plus parallax view.

Still lots of value in this free web app. I find the plots at piers and some of the inland rivers interesting (near Ottawa, Dunville, etc)............ and possibly helpful in finding "holes".

Cheers,

OldTimer
Very useful tool! Helpful especially when researching new bodies of water!
Reference URL's