Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing vs. Hunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sometimes we all presume too much.

Keeping all freedoms regarding fishing, or hunting, or “whatever” in place - allows others, both now and in the future, to decide their path.

Only our conceit drives attempts at irresponsible self-gratifying control over those not born.

... keep smilin'

Regards,

OldTimer
Muskiebait
"As anglers, we also have the choice to take the fish as part of the catch or release them. Let me see...you put a hook wound in a fish mouth, then letting it resist capture until exhaustion (with fish like tuna, they fight until lactic acid builds up), lift it out of the water to struggle to breath to the point of suffocation while people spend time to take some "hero shots", then releasing the at a weaken state that make the fish prone to predation and infection...that would also qualified as harassing wildlife, no?"

In Switzerland they have banned C&R fishing for exactly that. Not kidding.
(04-16-2012 03:47 PM)hammercarp Wrote: [ -> ]In Switzerland they have banned C&R fishing for exactly that. Not kidding.

Now wouldn't that be scary?

I think some rivers on east coast Canada also has regulation to limit how many salmon you can hook and release per day. Once you reached that limit, you day is done. Don't quote me on this...but I think I came across it when I was looking at salmon fishing regulations for the eastern provinces...

Just want to say that I'm just trying to get a philosophical discussion going here...not targeting at anyone here in particular, and not trying to force anything upon anyone.

Some days, I think I'm terrible for being an angler, putting so many fish through so much stress...but then I think about all the new species I've yet to catch...and I forget about it. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's