Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Spinnng Reel spool line keeper thingee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Here's another simple idea that saves a few "$%#**!!!" while packing gear or storing it.

Velcro plant holder tape - used as a line restraint - or a rod tie together thingee.......... etc...........

This works awesome. It's one of my late dad's tricks that he figured out while growing his famous beefeater tomatoes.............

Just cut it to an approximate length and its ready - make them a bit oversize so "one size fits all" your reels / rods. Lap ends at least an inch or so.

I got mine here:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page....33283&ap=1

[attachment=63]

But it may be less expensive other places......?

Cheers,

Old Timer
Looks cool, but I find rubber bands to the jobs fine as well.
Elastics sure do........ I use them too.

I've found these just a wee bit tougher, and able to handle low....... or high temperatures a bit better without any loss of holding strength or trace solvent leakage.
I've been using similar ones for a few years now.

Rubber bands are okay...but once they are a few months old, they dry up and crack...and then you are left with nothing to tied up your rods in the field.

Hair ties are great! Even if the rubber band inside snaps, the outer fabric layer keeps it intact and you can keep using them. It does look a little strange to step into dollar shop to buy a couple packages of hair ties...especially me with a buzz cut Big Grin

The velcro tapes are the best though. I tie up my surf rods and heavy bottom fishing rods with them. They are great for rods with large blank diameters or multi-piece rods (3+ sections). The blank on my surf rod has a butt diameter of almost 3/4" (no, that's not the handle...that's the blank right above the reel seat) and a tip diameter of about 1/4". It's hard to use elastics on rods that thick. It has some serious lifting and casting power if you know how to use it.
Reference URL's