Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Well Hello there....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyy everyone!

My name is Noorah and I am from Scarborough! I had the pleasure of meeting Michael on Saturday. Hope I didn't scare him too much with my crazy laughing (it was the lack of sleep, I promise) lol.

I am hoping I am not the only girl here...ummm I guess it never occurred to me that "girls don't fish".

I have been fishing for the past 2 years or so but it has always been with the boys.

I like to fish for several reason:

1) Its very peaceful
2) It tests my determination
3) I like to eat fish. (lol)
4) There are many many many places you can fish so I like the variety it offers

I guess im just here to learn from the pros so I can go fishing by myself/ with someone inexperienced someday.

Saturday was good, learned a lot of tips and observed.

So yeah... hope to see y'all around.. i guess... lol

p.s. wish me luck on my exams!!!! --- I wish I was fishing instead
Hi Noorah,

Lots of girls fish! .......... and many are quite good at it.

Great list of reasons for fishing............ in an impressive order.

Hope our discussions serve you well.

By the way - most of us here are not Pros (we just like to imagine we are)....... but we are talented!

...smile

Cheers,

OldTimer
Welcome Noorah! Great to meet you on Saturday, I still have nightmares Tongue

haha
(04-16-2012 07:34 AM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Noorah,

Lots of girls fish! .......... and many are quite good at it.

Great list of reasons for fishing............ in an impressive order.

Hope our discussions serve you well.

By the way - most of us here are not Pros (we just like to imagine we are)....... but we are talented!

...smile

Cheers,

OldTimer

Thank you that makes me feel better Smile ... lol @ my list of reasons for fishing... those are just some of them I guess

Yes I have been reading the discussions there is a lot of good information so im glad to be here...

Well pros or not --- im sure there is a lot we can all learn from each other!

p.s. were you there for the meet up on Saturday?
(04-16-2012 01:27 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome Noorah! Great to meet you on Saturday, I still have nightmares Tongue

haha

lol... good to know!

Mission accomplished.
Tongue
welcome aboard!!!!!

lots of good info on this site already, but it will be scary good as the board grows!!!

Feel free to add your input as well!!!
(04-16-2012 04:59 PM)noorieta Wrote: [ -> ]p.s. were you there for the meet up on Saturday

[/quote]

Sadly ........No..... apparently my attendance had been deemed unecessary.

.......... smile........... that'll burn my ladies butt....... two smiles.....

Cheers,

OldTimer
(04-16-2012 05:26 PM)manitoubass2 Wrote: [ -> ]welcome aboard!!!!!

lots of good info on this site already, but it will be scary good as the board grows!!!

Thanks!!

Yupp theres tons of info for all kinds of fishers... waiting for the weather to get better so I can go explore local shore fishing spots!

(04-17-2012 04:07 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012 04:59 PM)noorieta Wrote: [ -> ]p.s. were you there for the meet up on Saturday

.......... smile........... that'll burn her butt....... two smiles.....

Cheers,

OldTimer
[/quote]

Errm.. im sure thats not true... you're attendance is as important as anyone elses and necessary as well...

and lol... im sorry but what do mean by "that'll burn her butt" ?

Big Grin
I don't like girls who fish...they usually out fish the boys in both quantity and quality. LOL

Seriously, we need more females who fish. Girls are awesome anglers. They seemed to have much more patience and they have a finer touch than boys.

Who are you fishing idols?

There are a few women on TV who can really fish...

Mariko Izumi from Hookin' Up With Mariko Izumi (she's getting much better these days)

April Vokey from Fly Max / Fly Nation (totally awesome fly angler)

Lisa Sharp from Fishing Western Australia (absolutely a terrific angler who matured so much in her skills through the episodes)

Michelle Woo from SoCalSurfFishing.com (She's on a couple of WFN commercial...her husband is Conway Bowman and she loves to fly fish on stand up paddleboard, fly fishing for calico bass, bonito...and even brought in a massive 40lb white seabass on her stand up paddleboard!)
(04-17-2012 10:24 PM)noorieta Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2012 05:26 PM)manitoubass2 Wrote: [ -> ]welcome aboard!!!!!

Thanks!!

Yupp theres tons of info for all kinds of fishers... waiting for the weather to get better so I can go explore local shore fishing spots!

(04-17-2012 04:07 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]

.......... smile........... that'll burn her butt....... two smiles.....

Cheers,

OldTimer

Errm.. im sure thats not true... you're attendance is as important as anyone elses and necessary as well...

and lol... im sorry but what do mean by "that'll burn her butt" ?

Big Grin

[/quote]

I was speaking of my wife.
Hey Noorieta,

there are many female anglers out there. My mom actually got me into fishing 20 years back!!
Reference URL's