Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Charter Fishing in Nanimo area BC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm going to be in the Nanimo area and my brother in law and I are thinking about organizing a fishing charter. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am currently looking things up via Google but if anyone has any personal experience or word of mouth I would appreciate the pointer.

Thanks.
Never been to that area nor chartered in BC except for one charter day on the Fraser River. Sorry, can't help you there.
I've heard good things about a number of charters that go out of Tofino (~2.5h from Nanimo). Can't recommend any specifics, but I remember seeing a bunch of them return to port loaded with fish when I was dock fishing there last August. Besides, as a Canadian you owe it to yourself to see the paradise that is Tofino!
Wouldn't a BC fishing forum have more info to offer on fishing charters there than an Ontario shore fishing forum?

My vague sense is that there are much stronger marine fisheries on the west coast of Vancouver Island than the east coast, so consider Eli's suggestion of going to Tofino (or Ucluelet).
Thanks everyone, every bit helps... The guys on the West coast forums are recommending Tofino as well... They had a banner year on the east side but things are dieing down.

I'll let you know how things go if we end up going out.
Reference URL's