Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: GUESS WHO CAUGHT HIS FIRST CARP ON A FLY TODAY???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
THIS GUY!!!

This was my second outing with the fly rod and I'm a total noob with it...I'm just freestyling and learning on the go.

This was my reaction when I finally hooked up...

[Image: black-kid-oh-snap.gif]

Congrats, maybe it's beginner's luck lol. It's nice to see those ponds producing fish. I also saw your video with the couple monster bluegill, I didn't think fish would be in that pond since it looks quite shallow. What were the lengths of those bluegill?
Congrats dude!
Good going, PUMP! Nice size fish too. What weight is that?

Just as an FYI, be careful not to high stick the rod when you try landing the fish. I know you float fish with even longer rods, but float rods tends to have slower action compared to fly rods...and I've snapped a 10-wt trying to beach a salmon when I accidentally high sticked the rod. I can see in the video where you really try to pull the rod back over your head to bring the fish to the net. I know it's a tough one-man job...but still, be careful. Smile
(08-09-2014 01:05 PM)Randy Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats, maybe it's beginner's luck lol. It's nice to see those ponds producing fish. I also saw your video with the couple monster bluegill, I didn't think fish would be in that pond since it looks quite shallow. What were the lengths of those bluegill?

Yea man, beginners luck Smile
There's not that many big ones in there, I only saw and caught 2. I was being selective which panfish I wanted to catch.

(08-09-2014 10:53 PM)Eli Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats dude!

Thanks man Smile

(08-10-2014 09:14 AM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Good going, PUMP! Nice size fish too. What weight is that?

Just as an FYI, be careful not to high stick the rod when you try landing the fish. I know you float fish with even longer rods, but float rods tends to have slower action compared to fly rods...and I've snapped a 10-wt trying to beach a salmon when I accidentally high sticked the rod. I can see in the video where you really try to pull the rod back over your head to bring the fish to the net. I know it's a tough one-man job...but still, be careful. Smile

Thanks Ken.

It's a 8wt.

I wasn't thinking... I should've extended the net but I totally forgot that I can do that.
I was more focused in not losing this carp. I'll know for next time.
Congrats dude! That's awesome!
Thanks bro Smile
Reference URL's