Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Tic Tic Tic - Trout Opens Saturday in ZONE 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Weather looks not too bad for this area's first primary opener.

Whether you're goin' for trout or not - a lot more water (the lower sanctuaries) are open to fishing come Saturday in Zone 16, and a few other Zones.

Check your areas regulations... participate and enjoy... I'm gonna...

Use it or lose it.

Cheers,

OldTimer
(04-24-2012 04:39 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Weather looks not too bad for this area's first primary opener.

Whether you're goin' for trout or not - a lot more water (the lower sanctuaries) are open to fishing come Saturday in Zone 16, and a few other Zones.

Check your areas regulations... participate and enjoy... I'm gonna...

Use it or lose it.

Cheers,

OldTimer

Great heads up Oldtimer, I'm excited about all the water that's opening up for trout. I won't have to drive an hour to get to open water Smile
Fly fishing this weekend for my little brookie friends. I seriously miss them a lot.
(04-25-2012 02:00 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Fly fishing this weekend for my little brookie friends. I seriously miss them a lot.

Great stuff dude, I was considering a cheap fly combo from Le Baron just to try something new.

How do you feel about fly fishing? I guess the reel (lol ) advantage is being able to cast weightless offerings.
(04-25-2012 07:35 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2012 02:00 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Fly fishing this weekend for my little brookie friends. I seriously miss them a lot.

Great stuff dude, I was considering a cheap fly combo from Le Baron just to try something new.

How do you feel about fly fishing? I guess the reel (lol ) advantage is being able to cast weightless offerings.

I love fly fishing...there is nothing like it really.

Being able to cast a very light fly and present it delicately is the major strength. Otherwise, a lot of times, it is comparatively inefficient as a method of fishing.

I have an extra rod at home...so if you want to try out fly fishing one day before you go and buy something, let me know. May is pretty busy for me, but June or July could be a possibility.
(04-25-2012 07:35 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff dude, I was considering a cheap fly combo from Le Baron just to try something new.

How do you feel about fly fishing?

Hey Mike,

I like fly fishing - it's a nice change now and then, and I do use my gear several times a year - primarily for smallmouth with poppers, muddler minnows, or wooly worms. But I do have gear for light trouting too, wet & dry.

But overall - I'll take spinning gear for most of my outings.

Before you go out and spend $ on a rig - you should decide what type of fishing you'll be doing, with what flies, for what species, and where (wide open spaces, or creeks and streams).

For example - wet or dry flys........ surface poppers or streamers, floating presentations, or sinking......... line weight (6,7, or 8)........line type (floating or sinking)....line profile (double taper, weight forward, shooting)...... rod length (6 to 9')....... bass or trout... etc, etc

Cheers,

OldTimer
Both my ultra light spinning rigs will cast a fly.
(04-26-2012 06:00 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]Both my ultra light spinning rigs will cast a fly.

Can your ultralight cast a #28 fly on 3lb line to a distance of 50 feet in a moderate head wind and land it within a 12" x 12" area? Tongue

I know my 3-wt and 5-wt can. Big Grin
(04-26-2012 08:03 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2012 06:00 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]Both my ultra light spinning rigs will cast a fly.

Can your ultralight cast a #28 fly on 3lb line to a distance of 50 feet in a moderate head wind and land it within a 12" x 12" area? Tongue

I know my 3-wt and 5-wt can. Big Grin

It probably could if I tied the fly to a rock.... Tongue
How do you whip finish your rocks?.......... smile

Cheers,

OldTimer
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's