Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New World Carp - Hamilton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to give a big "two Thumbs up" to New World Carp in Hamilton.

http://newworldcarp.com/osc/

I have ordered some gear from them on more than one occasion and they always deliver in a few days, everything in order. I just bought a pair of collapsible tripod stands and a bite alarm for bank fishing and they threw in a free container of the jumbo Maize.

Extra cool bit: The popcorn packaging inside the box is not polystyrene, it's PVA nuggets!
(04-26-2012 09:51 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]Extra cool bit: The popcorn packaging inside the box is not polystyrene, it's PVA nuggets!

Nice! Some extra PVA foam for you!

For a bit I had thought you'd ordered it from the UK Tongue
Pretty handy stuff. you can stick a piece onto your hook point to prevernt tangles, and it dissolves off, or you can add a few pieces to slow your hook drop as it melts.
Sorta like stale mini marshmallows?
(04-27-2012 02:17 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Sorta like stale mini marshmallows?

Kind of, I think the PVA nuggets are completely dissolved in about 60 seconds. I have used mini marshmallows crusted in fish powder as pop ups...they worked really well. Smile

LOL I've tried to use these as bait when i was a kid and they fall off very easily. since I already have some in the closet I'm going to try this! I'll be able to tell if they work because I'll see the marshmallow float up.
(04-27-2012 02:51 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL I've tried to use these as bait when i was a kid and they fall off very easily. since I already have some in the closet I'm going to try this! I'll be able to tell if they work because I'll see the marshmallow float up.

Honestly - stale mini marshmallows work kinda cool - they in combination with a worm were a standard bait used for splake off the Owen Sound piers and breakwalls in the past...... Fresh ones dissolve too quickly.

Cheers,

OldTimer
(04-27-2012 02:51 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]

Dip them in egg yoke and then cover them them in your preferred flavouring, I used a spicy thai fish powder... let them dry and get a tough skin before using them. (I used to sun dry mine, but watch out for seagulls!)
Sorry to bump a old thread but I was wondering if this store is still open?

I ordered a foldable carp net from them last year and I just noticed my net had snapped.

I checked to see their website but it looks like it's down.

Does anyone have a phone number for this shop?
Eli should know. If he hasn't reply in a couple of days, I'll text him to ask.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's