Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Markham fishing spots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, Really excited to be here, i live in Markham.ON, i wish i could find some fishing info. about my area. as i am coming from alberta.
thanks
(09-11-2015 05:49 PM)ramzy2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, Really excited to be here, i live in Markham.ON, i wish i could find some fishing info. about my area. as i am coming from alberta.
thanks

Do a search on past posts and you should find some info. Otherwise, many of the lakes and stormwater ponds in Markham has fish to be caught, mainly sunfish, perch, crappie, bass, carp and brown bullhead.
Welcome to OSF Ramzy2000. Did you fish a lot in Alberta?
(09-12-2015 07:30 AM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to OSF Ramzy2000. Did you fish a lot in Alberta?

yes i had a boat that i had to give it up coming to markham. since i have a smaller drive way. but i used to fish for walleye and bike mainly there.
have been going to a spot 30 mins north of Barrie, my first spot here had some luck with LMB. got my biggest yesterday 7.2 the area known with pike and bass saw a couple of guys landing Trout as well. i cough one pike 2 weeks ago 15 p. 35 inch.
i always get my bass on M Shimano spinning rod. Shimano Ci4 3000, and i use 65 braided. and mostly Kietech fat swing impact size 5
i tried frogs, as good part of the area covered with vegetations. i get a lot of biting but could not catch any. for pike i tried mepps, spoons but i got my only pike on the fat swing impact, now the season is almost over, would a member here could guide me to a closer spot to markham.
Reference URL's