Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fall salmon Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i am new to this thread and new to fishing. Does anyone know the best time in the fall to fish for salmon? October? September? What other fish are abundant in the fall?
Now is the time. Fish are already in the river.

For most species, fall is the time to feed and prepare for winter. As such, the action increases in the fall. However, as water temperature decreases, species like bass will start move out of the shallows into deeper water, thus, the fishing from shore is less productive. Other species, such as trout, pike and walleye, can move closer to shore as water temperature decreases.
I'm going to be trying out the Humber this week.
Is the mouth of the credit before sunrise good this time of year, or too late?
(09-15-2015 04:12 PM)ST_ShoreFisher Wrote: [ -> ]Is the mouth of the credit before sunrise good this time of year, or too late?

As long as salmon are still running upstream to spawn from the lake, there are always fish to be caught in the mouth.

Fish do not all run up at the same time. The run is often staggered. I've seen fish in the river as early as mid-August, and as late as early-November.

If you are not fishing now, you are missing the peak...
Reference URL's