Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Three weeks in Hawaii!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You're all invited to check out my account of joining Ken on his trip to Hawaii Smile. I really can't thank Ken enough for letting me tag along, there were lots of COOL fish there. Hawaii's beauty runs deep!

http://catchingthemall.com/three-weeks-in-hawaii/

There's humuhumunukukuapua'a....
[Image: OI000152-1024x768.jpg]

... and other beautiful fish with more pronouncable names...
[Image: OI000145-1024x768.jpg]

... and some fish that I named myself, like Homer Simpson fish!
[Image: OI000253-1024x768.jpg]

Plenty of traditional food...
[Image: OI000006-1024x768.jpg]

And nontraditional eel fishing!
[Image: OI000294-1024x768.jpg]

All-in-all 66 new species added to my growing life list of crazy fish. Enjoy the read and/or picture skim. There's lots of sunset pictures to boot! Smile
Nice fish!

Did you really eat that many apple pies?
(03-29-2016 09:56 PM)zippyFX Wrote: [ -> ]Nice fish!

Did you really eat that many apple pies?

They weren't apple pies...they were taro pies. I bought him one...he wolfed it down, then he cleaned out all the taro pies that were available at that McDonald's. Yes...he ate 6 taro pies for breakfast...all within 15min!!!

I think out of the 3 weeks, there was only ONE DAY when he didn't have a taro pie...and that was due to the McDonald's not having any already prepared..and we didn't want to wait 15min for them.

Taro pie is incredible...but two are my daily limit. MA, however...does not have a limit...

BTW MA, I'm preparing taro coconut chicken tomorrow. Please do NOT show up at my door... Tongue
Oh...forgot to say...you caught an Iridescent Cardinalfish...the one that took a chunk of Halfbeak. Black spot on the caudal peduncle. Wink
LOLOL yup!!! I think I cleaned out a few McDonalds' taro pies Big Grin Big Grin. The food in Hawaii was ... gosh... amazing!

Thanks for the tip Ken, it still has black on its fins though? I thought irridescent weren't supposed to have black on their fins, or is it just its night colors?
Hey,

Another great adventure!

The fish colours are amazing.

How'd eel taste?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

OldTimer
lol OT, my grandfather used to eat eels back in Italy, but I think they were freshwater ones.

I wish we could have tried the eels, but if we would have kept one it would definitely have been used as bait Tongue.
(04-04-2016 01:01 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]lol OT, my grandfather used to eat eels back in Italy, but I think they were freshwater ones.

I wish we could have tried the eels, but if we would have kept one it would definitely have been used as bait Tongue.

Chinese eat Morays, but I've never tried. Strangely, I was never too curious to try.

I guess we can try next time...save the head and tail for bait, and maybe try a chunk of good meat.

To be honest, I'd rather eat poke...ahi or nenue mo' betta...or fry up some moi. Big Grin
omg that POKE!!!!! I'm feeling serious withdrawal right now.
It looks like an amazing trip. I can't imagine catching so many new species in one day. Homer Simpson rocks!
Reference URL's