Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New to fishing and Oshawa Creek.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to fishing and would like to target the trout at Oshawa Creek. I would like to know what bait to use and what times to go at to catch the runs? I went there yesterday but didn't catch or see any fish. I was fishing south of the tracks but not close to the mouth of the river.

Also same questions for the Salmon run at Oshawa Creek.

Thanks,

-Henry
Salmon run is August - Oct. Right now the Trout run is ending, so if you hook up, they are called 'drop backs' meaning they are super tired from spawning in the river and are on their way back to the lake! Just because you didn't see any fish or hook into any, doesn't mean they are not there! The spot you were at is great, so keep trying! Come season opener you can start journeying up the river and trying to catch more of those drop backs.

At the mouth, maybe try casting spinners, spoons, or jerk baits and maybe try to get into some more aggressive trout like the brown trout! Good luck!
Thanks, can you give me some tips on what lures to use and some techniques to get the trouts?
(04-20-2016 07:43 PM)Henry2244 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, can you give me some tips on what lures to use and some techniques to get the trouts?

try casting spinners, spoons, or jerk baits
Thanks, i went back there today and used a scented pink worm with no luck. One of the locals was like back in August for the Salmon run.
When does the trout run start in Oshawa lake?
They will run from September until April. Heavy rainfall will usually bring a fresh run into the creek. So will snow melt.
Reference URL's