Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Springtime in Virginia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Despite terrible weather, our roadtrip down to Virginia was a resounding successes in terms of species life list additions!

Link for the read:
http://catchingthemall.com/springtime-in-virginia/

We had hoped to fish for shad and herring on the Potomac river, but conditions were not conducive to this...

[Image: P5053051-1024x768.jpg]

Luckily, I found the species of herring I was looking for in an unlikely spot!

Despite the muddy, cold water the snakehead also cooperated just enough for us...

[Image: P5063093-1024x768.jpg]

Crazy mummichog kept spoiling our microfishing endeavours...

[Image: P5073145-1024x768.jpg]

And in the end we prevailed with a bonus species we hadn't expected to catch... and pandemonium ensued!

[Image: P5083234-1024x768.jpg]
The time I couldn't go on this trip...is the time everyone catches a White Catfish. You know, I've tried for them three times now...around the area where you fished.

Life is not fair...

Where are George's pictures?
(05-10-2016 04:48 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]The time I couldn't go on this trip...is the time everyone catches a White Catfish. You know, I've tried for them three times now...around the area where you fished.

Life is not fair...

Where are George's pictures?

Yeah that's a nasty coincidence! We caught them on the same tide that Pat, Lia, and Ben fished the previous night. Perhaps there's some kind of pattern to follow for next time.

George's pictures are on his camera lol.
Nice trip MA! Looks like you had a great time. Congrats on all the lifers Smile
Reference URL's