Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: My smallest fish ever!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Microfishing has been slow this year but fun none the less.

Went out this morning for an hour and I spotted an inky black slithering school of fish. I dragged my micro hooks tipped with a fleck of work through it and brought this guy up. All I had was my flip phone so the pictures suck but this is my juvenile bullhead on a Canadian dime

[Image: ylb254M.jpg]

This one on my finger:

[Image: Mxpaza4.jpg]

I "landed" a couple more of these guys. I got some log perch and small bluegill

[Image: 3Qov38e.jpg]

The log perch were biting and I landed a couple. No pictures of the ones today... Here are some of the micros/juveniles from this year.

Log perch:
[Image: obezMJF.jpg]

Gobie:
[Image: ArXKPGt.jpg]

Common Shiner:
[Image: j82JNoU.jpg]

Creek Chub
[Image: wuEOTjR.jpg]

Fallfish:
[Image: 069TXkP.jpg]

Nothing overly interesting just yet but fun catching the small guys.
Cool mix of species. Congrats on your PS (personal smallest)! Smile

Now I encourage you to try for even smaller Big Grin
Thanks MB! Will do, catching this guy was pleasant but not much skill was involved dragging a worm fleck through school of voracious juveniles.
With the fish being so tiny, would catching them basically be a death sentence for them? a hook can do a lot of damage.

just wondering, not judging.
Generally the fish are just as OK as in normal fishing.

Using smaller hooks specially designed for microfishing which have different profiles and are much smaller than regular hooks (think #22 to #26) allow a clean hooking in the mouth.
Microfishing looks like fun. I might take the ice fishing rod to the local creek
(07-01-2016 06:37 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Cool mix of species. Congrats on your PS (personal smallest)! Smile

Now I encourage you to try for even smaller Big Grin

You might have to fish at the local petsmart in the otocinclus tank. Smile
My smallest fish this year (maybe ever). A small spottail shiner.

[Image: 1HtvWSG.jpg]
What kind of minnows did ya use for bait?
Reference URL's