Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Well Hello there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I guess I may as well introduce myself haha. I'm from the Midland area, and I've been fishing Georgian Bay for ~17 years now (plus some of the other lakes surrounding it). As the name says I like targetting gar, however I'm really a multispecies angler and value everything the same, from pike and bass to shiners and chubs haha. I generally like fishing for pike, bass, bowfin, gar, and panfish, however every now and then I like seeing what sort of cyprinids are in the local creeks, plus if there's an opportunity to catch something (trout, walleye, whatever) I'm usually trying to take advantage of the opportunity. When I discovered this forum and had a quick browse, I was liking the fact there are anglers that really like looking for those oddball species, not just the typical bass-walleye-pike-trout-salmon crowd Big Grin . Anyways that's enough blabbing for now, I'll leave a nice little pic of one of my favourite fish to target Cool
Welcome garfisher. You're right at home if you love to target any and all species.

Beautiful male Northern Sunfish you have there! I love those beautiful little guys.
The one thing I like about them is that none of the local fishermen really know they exist as they're usually too small to get hooked by what they normally use Big Grin
Welcome GarFisher!

I agree - As you say.......... each fish is equally valuable.

Hope you'll join in on our wee just-for- fun multi species challenge.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Reference URL's