Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: 2017 a year of lifers for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been a wild and crazy year for this northern boy, travelling down south of barrie for my first time in my 28 years of living to explore southern Ontario and do some different fishing and hunting for new species. I first started the adventures with a trip to south Georgian bay for bowfin and while I had trouble in my first 2 days along with vehicle issues outside of Exeter I managed to get my first few including a 13 pounder. In June I whent to nippising tributarys and even with slow fishing I got 2 white bass. During my shooping trip in Cabelas in Barrie to prepare for duck season i read lots of gobies being caught in Simcoe so i spent a good half hour fishing em and got 30 in that amount of time. While during july and most of august I was suposs to go for longnose gar but weather conditions weren't exactly favorable and busy with work but had my big break near labour day weekend and even with limited time (2-3hours of fishing time) I did get a few gar along the beaches near wasaga/Collingwood area. On that trip home ive also got a few fallfish aswell. Month of September and the whole talk about salmon got me intrested. I booked a trip with a guide for the very first time. Was a wild wild ride up the river and over the rapids and riffles to get to the spot but once we got there the action was consistent with the salmon hitting our roe bags. That day I got 4 chinooks with one about 19 pounds. For fishing wise this was a very good year! I'm already pumped for next years adventures! Tight lines.

Lifers:

Bowfin
White Bass
Round Goby
Longnose Gar
Fallfish
Chinook Salmon

Hunting wise:
Bullfrog
Crow
Common Merganser
Oldsquaw/Longtail duck
Whitewinged scoter
Redhead
Nice year! I love that large bowfin. Nice to know that they are Georgian bay! May have to go looking for them next time I am in the area.

Were di you go Salmonm fishing? I am interested in finding a guide for Salmon next fall. You can PM me if you do not want to publish it.
Congrats on your lifers. Nice looking Bowfin! Hit me up if you are looking for any particular lifers.
Good stuff.

I agree - the bowfin is a great one.

You should participate in the OSF challenge.

Thanks for sharing.
NICE SILVER SALMON
Reference URL's