Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Cart Wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-12-2013 07:09 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2013 06:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2013 03:17 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]If we're ever down there with my truck we could always improvise with a "stray" shopping cart.... Angel

A definitely NO to the shopping cart...we just look like hobos then...they may arrest us and force us off the pier/bridge...Rolleyes

LOLOL you know... I wanted to go after the complete look to match my new beard.... Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

[attachment=383]

...........smile.

Regards,

OldTimer
Ok ........ I got a new idea....... maybe a bit dark but:

I figure I can convert my late father's folding wheel chair into a great "pier" cart for taking my gear and stuff from the truck out to fishing spot.

The thing is built REAL tough, has a 400 pound capacity, and would easily carry a large cooler, my tackle, rods, an folding chair, minnows & bucket, lunch etc with ease.......... plus I'd have a chair to sit in when I got out there. And, I could mount a few rod holders, and a sleeve to hold a folding umbrella. It's got great wheel brakes too.

Whaddya think?

......kidding............smile.

OT

Edit: Might get better parking when it's in the truck bed too - before using it ................ smile
Pier season is coming soon and I'm still really really hoping to find a good used fishing cart for a super low price.

[attachment=804]

You see..........I guess I should share......... that it's really more for my lovely lady than I............. as she insists on carrying my cooler, my tackle, our chairs, the bait and my lunch (she's on a diet).

A cart would be so much easier on her and hopefully reduce all the wheezing and groaning I hear as I sip my coffee and briskly lead the way out to the fishing spots while giving her uplifting support by saying "Don't dawdle...stop whining and keep up!"

The cart is even more important over this next while as she recently broke her leg skiing and the cast doesn't come off for 2 more months and she's become even more painfully slow and miserable lately.

..............smile

Truth = I carry it all............. Had ya goin' though didn't I.

Cheers,

OldTimer
found some on sale on eBay.com .. Not cheap!

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/beach-fishing-cart
Hmmm............ thought provoking design:

[attachment=859]

Actually a rescue stretcher - but the 2 wheel (or 2 ski) concept has merit.....

Cheers,

OldTimer
You know............. I've been looking at the "Target" shopping carts lately .................. and perhaps with the help of a sawzall, and a few classic Red Green moves, traditional duct-tape knowhow, and sworn secret other stuff they might modify quite well. Just a few chops then add 2 axles & some bigger tires………………… and: TAAADAA!

[attachment=872]

After all.............. I think thousands of them might be available real real soon...................

Nice colour too…………….. I just love blue.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's