You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cart Wanted
06-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Cart Wanted
Hey guys,

I’m looking to buy a used Angler’s Cart.

Sorta like this one:

I’m starting to find that carrying everything I need out to the fishing spots is a multi-trip deal.

Plus just last week Fred & I went out to the Kinsmen’s trail to fish 6 or 7 great spots along the river…….. Well, halfway down the trail Fred has a heart attack…………. So it’s fish a spot……drag Fred………fish a spot………..drag Fred some more………..what a bummer – it cut my available casting time in half, and was a bit tirin’ on me. A cart wooda helped a lot.

But don’t worry – Fred’s fine now & says he’ll chip in for half of the cart - to avoid the gravel burn next time.

….smile

Cheers,

OldTimer

<>< I once gave up fishing. It was the most terrifying weekend of my life. ><>

See you on the river.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2012, 01:57 AM
RE: Cart Wanted
Never a dull moment!

[Image: logobgs.png]
01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
(06-11-2012 01:57 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Never a dull moment!

OK.... I've decided that I'll build one..........

Letcha no how it goes........... first step = get lottsa duct tape.

OT

See you on the river.
01-03-2013, 11:02 PM
You may want to check out the childrens stores for wagons and carts some of them maybe sturdy enough to start with and then add a rod holder...

Thinking outloud... what about one of those roll along hockey bags? Now sure how rugged the wheels are....
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I'll need balloon tires for sand so a regular wagon won't do.

Also hope to make it as light and corrosion resistance as possible so it has postive buoyancy and won't sink if run off the edge of a pier..............

See you on the river.
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
One of these would have been useful in Florida. Ken and I were chatting about finding/building a cart for our gear next time.... to save our energy and time.

01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
No kidding they save TONS of time........... my Dad had a good size commercially made aluminum frame cart (similar to the photo in my first post here) while he lived in Florida - he had replaced the wheels with even larger/wider expensive inflatable PVC balloon tire/ball bearing assemblies that cost just about as much as the cart did - it was a dream to use, even in deep loose beach sand.......... and very light......... he gave it to a buddy before he moved back here.

It was good - but wasnt something you'd want to haul from here to Florida and back because of its size, and footprint...............

My idea is to make something that I can optionally dismantle partially - for the longer road trips to minimize the space gobbling aspect.

See you on the river.
01-12-2013, 03:17 PM
(01-10-2013 03:57 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  No kidding they save TONS of time........... my Dad had a good size commercially made aluminum frame cart (similar to the photo in my first post here) while he lived in Florida - he had replaced the wheels with even larger/wider expensive inflatable PVC balloon tire/ball bearing assemblies that cost just about as much as the cart did - it was a dream to use, even in deep loose beach sand.......... and very light......... he gave it to a buddy before he moved back here.

It was good - but wasnt something you'd want to haul from here to Florida and back because of its size, and footprint...............

My idea is to make something that I can optionally dismantle partially - for the longer road trips to minimize the space gobbling aspect.

Wow sounds like the dream cart LOL.

Yes, Ken was mentioning a possibly collapsible cart so we could bring to-and-fro...

If we're ever down there with my truck we could always improvise with a "stray" shopping cart.... Angel

01-12-2013, 06:14 PM
(01-12-2013 03:17 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  If we're ever down there with my truck we could always improvise with a "stray" shopping cart.... Angel

A definitely NO to the shopping cart...we just look like hobos then...they may arrest us and force us off the pier/bridge...Rolleyes

I have three collapsible carts at home, two of which could be suitable to handle cooler and tackle bags...I think those are the way to go. Tongue

Malama o ke kai

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)
http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca/...-list.html
01-12-2013, 07:09 PM
(01-12-2013 06:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 03:17 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  If we're ever down there with my truck we could always improvise with a "stray" shopping cart.... Angel

A definitely NO to the shopping cart...we just look like hobos then...they may arrest us and force us off the pier/bridge...Rolleyes

LOLOL you know... I wanted to go after the complete look to match my new beard.... Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin