Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Show off your Tackle and Storage Area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just had an interesting idea,

Show off your tackle! or where you have it stored? It'll be interesting to see what others have... and how they keep their gear!

I'm going to work on pictures soon...

LETS BEGIN! Smile
MuskieBait has a really neat method:

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...93#pid2093

I usually don't pull gear in and out of here, but I do take it in my backpack with me. It'll cover any fishing situation I encounter... I even keep spawn mesh and spider thread in there since I never know when it'll be useful. I've come across situations when I think I've run out of hooks... floats whatever, and I check to see that I have backups stored in the bait folder.

They don't manufacture the one pictured anymore. Instead they have a velcro-strapped one. I actually prefer the velcro-strapped one because it makes access quick and easy. I have one for tackle and one for my plastic baits and spinnerbaits (they fit flat into the bags).

Now here's something neat. Before I bought the actual soft bait folder, I simply used a bunch of ziplock bags, hole-punched and zip-tied together (instead of binder rings I used zip-ties). I held the whole thing together with a rubber band. It didn't last long, but it accomplished the exact same thing: store more things in less space by packing them FLAT.

I've learned that plano boxes can be convenient but extremely inefficient for packing. With the zip-lock bag organizer system, you're getting a lot of packing efficiency.
Don't have time to take picture of my tackle or describe what I have...but in a nut shell I've gear that can catch a 1" stickleback to a 80lb amberjack.

I don't even want to tally up the worth of everything...I can see $1600 in gear just in front of me at the moment and that's only 3 spinning reels, 2 spinning rods, 1 conventional rod and 2 fly rods and reels...

Gonna start packing tonight to put some use to these gear next week...
(06-17-2013 10:08 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]I can see $1600 in gear just in front of me at the moment and that's only 3 spinning reels, 2 spinning rods, 1 conventional rod and 2 fly rods and reels...

Just fishing gear.. everywhere. A minefield of fishing gear LOL

I am not a fan of packing for trips Tongue.
I keep mine in the garage. But no pics. I'd be too embarrassed of the mess to show anyone!
I had all my fishing gear strewn about the basement for the last year or so... that sucked. A few months ago I bought a four sets of plastic storage drawers from Lowe's for $10 each I think... and stacked them to make a cabinet 2 drawers wide and 6 drawers high. That was enough to tame everything into my closet.

But... my rods are still untamed... in a corner...
I keep everything in my car .. not sure if lazy to take out or lazy to pack when go fishing..... might be both LOL
hmmm...it's got to be here somewhere...[Image: 1193459572492.jpg]
Here's where I've stored 1000's of my lures, hooks, and sinkers over the last half century and then some:

[attachment=611]

On the bottom of lakes, rivers, ponds, in trees, on rocks, or attached to fish or mysterious monsters.

........... smile

Cheers,

OldTimer
Made my day.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's