Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Canal Road; Bradford Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

Was just wondering if anyone has any input on fishing the Holland River? (400 and Canal Road). I've fished there maybe twice in the last 2yrs; and it was within 2 weeks of eachother.

Here are my questions:

1) What species are found in the Canal during Spring? Summer? Fall?
2) I've heard Crappie are in the area during spring; Anyone confirm?
3) What about BASS? SMB or LMB?
4) Pike?

Whatever information I can get about this stretch of water would be much appreciated; My in-laws live pretty close by and I wouldn't mind hitting that place to give it a try.

Thanks Again,
Rob (A2F)
I,fished may be three times
400 and 9 is better spots I believe cause see more fishermans with worms
UPDATE:

I was there on SUNDAY from 7:30am until 1:30am...2 pike to show for. 1st weighed in @ 3.30lbs and the 2nd was 1.75lbs.

1st Pike was caught using a live Worm
2nd Pike was caught on using a 3" Storm Wildeye Curly Tail (Chartreuse Colour)
(09-17-2012 03:14 PM)A2F Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE:

I was there on SUNDAY from 7:30am until 1:30am...2 pike to show for. 1st weighed in @ 3.30lbs and the 2nd was 1.75lbs.

1st Pike was caught using a live Worm
2nd Pike was caught on using a 3" Storm Wildeye Curly Tail (Chartreuse Colour)

Nice catches. I love the thrill of catching a Pike even if there small.

Giuga10
Thanks Giuga.
Yah, regardless if the pike are small or not - as long as it swims - i'll fish for it! Smile

I think next time I head up there - it'll be around spring Smile
Heard there are lots of carp, and big ones too, in there...long time ago...not sure about it now...
Was there last Sunday, got a 3 lbs pike using live worm, and about 15 perches.
(10-04-2012 04:04 PM)jack.liu.80 Wrote: [ -> ]Was there last Sunday, got a 3 lbs pike using live worm, and about 15 perches.

The pike ate all 15 of them!?
Reference URL's