Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: 4 Foot Earthworm Found In The Amazon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An explorer in the Amazon stumbled across a four foot worm while trekking through the forest.

Imagine using this bad boy for bait lol.
[Image: Sb7rP.jpg]

Giuga10
i wonder how much it would cost for a doz of those to go fishing with and how long they will last Big Grin.

guessing a size 8 or 10 hook might be a wee bit small for it too
that's EPIC!! nice find!!
So that's what the arapaima and piraiba feeds on...big bait = big fish, right? Wink
(09-10-2012 03:56 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]So that's what the arapaima and piraiba feeds on...big bait = big fish, right? Wink

Just Google'd those fish. Holy cow are they ever big. If only we had them in Ontario, but we've got Sturgeons (sadly on reserve).

Giuga10
(09-10-2012 08:16 AM)Dseow Wrote: [ -> ]i wonder how much it would cost for a doz of those to go fishing with and how long they will last Big Grin.

guessing a size 8 or 10 hook might be a wee bit small for it too

I'm thinking you could bring a hunting knife and slice an inch from it and put it on a hook (it would probably still be bigger than the worms we have lol). And A DOZEN!!!! You could last an entire fishing trip with half of that thing lol. The worm market would of crashed if someone was selling those monsters.

Thanks,
Giuga10
(09-10-2012 04:55 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2012 03:56 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]So that's what the arapaima and piraiba feeds on...big bait = big fish, right? Wink

Just Google'd those fish. Holy cow are they ever big. If only we had them in Ontario, but we've got Sturgeons (sadly on reserve).

I wish we have those fish in Ontario too...then I don't have to spend $4000 and fly to Brasil to catch one RolleyesBig Grin Michael and I joked about a stocked pond idea, but it was most for amusement and it was only a pipe dream...

Lake Sturgeon is protected for most part of Ontario...but there are very limited number of places you can still fish for them legally...it just take a long drive to far northern Ontario...supposedly, there is a particular river where they are deemed overpopulated.
(09-10-2012 05:57 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Lake Sturgeon is protected for most part of Ontario...but there are very limited number of places you can still fish for them legally...it just take a long drive to far northern Ontario...supposedly, there is a particular river where they are deemed overpopulated.

.......DID YOU JUST SAY OVERPOPULATED? OVERPOPULATED?
The fisherman's dream, all tightly compacted with enormous fish and a little river. I need to find this place haha. And the one place in Ontario where on of those worms can be used whole lol.

Thanks,
Giuga10
(09-10-2012 05:57 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Michael and I joked about a stocked pond idea, but it was most for amusement and it was only a pipe dream...

We were joking?

*reads over shipping manifest from South America*

Cool
(09-12-2012 12:50 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2012 05:57 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Michael and I joked about a stocked pond idea, but it was most for amusement and it was only a pipe dream...

We were joking?

*reads over shipping manifest from South America*

Cool

I actually lol'd reading that haha. Might wanna cancel that order Michael Big Grin

Giuga10
Reference URL's