Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: OSF Garbage Derby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Someone a while back had suggested this to me, but I can't remember who.

All you need to do is bring an extra plastic bag on your fishing trips.

Then, amass as much garbage as you can on said trip. Especially the fishing garbage!

Snap a picture, post it up, the world is all the better! Keeping our fishing spots clean and protected from no fishing legislation Tongue.

What do you guys think? Sounds great eh? Big Grin

Sample:

Check out this great haul
[Image: catherine-animals-better.jpg]

Let's do it!
Wow, that's a lot of trash!

Great idea to keep our shores clean!
I think a lot of anglers do the pickup trash thing already - but few photograph it.......... but posting photos would educate & apply subtle peer pressure for others to pickup - or at least not drop it to start with.............

EDIT: Do shopping carts count?............smile
(09-13-2012 08:42 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Someone a while back had suggested this to me, but I can't remember who.

All you need to do is bring an extra plastic bag on your fishing trips.

Then, amass as much garbage as you can on said trip. Especially the fishing garbage!

Snap a picture, post it up, the world is all the better! Keeping our fishing spots clean and protected from no fishing legislation Tongue.

What do you guys think? Sounds great eh? Big Grin

Sample:

Check out this great haul
[Image: catherine-animals-better.jpg]

Let's do it!

Wow... now that's a haul. I'm so down for this. Keeping the places we love to visit clean.....it's a no brainer.

Great idea,
Giuga10
(09-13-2012 01:30 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Do shopping carts count?............smile

Bwahahahah!!! Derby winner right there... if they're full of more trash.... TongueTongueTongue
I did a bit of selfish cleanup today. It involved plucking 2 brand new phantom floats off of salmon Smile. As you can see from the picture... I had already rigged one of them up on my rod LOL.

Each fish was swimming around with its position and velocity clearly marked by nice shiny floats! Quite the sight to see, I tell ya! It didn't take much to wade into the pool with them and free them of the line.

2 new floats! And more garbage I picked up:

[Image: 578600_3452135555999_1319387016_n.jpg]
(09-26-2012 10:14 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]I did a bit of selfish cleanup today. It involved plucking 2 brand new phantom floats off of salmon Smile. As you can see from the picture... I had already rigged one of them up on my rod LOL.

Each fish was swimming around with its position and velocity clearly marked by nice shiny floats! Quite the sight to see, I tell ya! It didn't take much to wade into the pool with them and free them of the line.

2 new floats! And more garbage I picked up:

[Image: 578600_3452135555999_1319387016_n.jpg]

Awesome! How did you manage to grab a hold of the Salmon and unhook them without any hesitation or thrashing. And how were you able to catch them in the first place lol.

Giuga10
(09-26-2012 11:08 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! How did you manage to grab a hold of the Salmon and unhook them without any hesitation or thrashing. And how were you able to catch them in the first place lol.

Giuga10

Very interesting adventure...

For the first float, the salmon in the pool actually swam past my line and tangled the float line onto mine. So I just pulled the line off of the salmon that way.

For the second float, I noticed there was a long length of line attached to it. I snuck up behind the group of salmon without scaring them and grabbed the line to pull it free. This time, the hook broke off so the hook was still stuck in the salmon... but at least it's not broadcasting its location with a bright orange bobber on the surface LOL (it was quite funny and sad to watch).

Last year, I pounced on a salmon and pulled one of these off of its back:

[Image: 29-CanadianWaggler-288x269.jpg]
Salmon Pouncing.............. a refined technique of the Canadian Lure Hunter.............. in purple waders.................. smile.

EDIT: a friend sent me this link............thought I'd share:

http://www.northumberlandtoday.com/2012/...violations
(09-26-2012 11:31 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting adventure...

For the first float, the salmon in the pool actually swam past my line and tangled the float line onto mine. So I just pulled the line off of the salmon that way.

For the second float, I noticed there was a long length of line attached to it. I snuck up behind the group of salmon without scaring them and grabbed the line to pull it free. This time, the hook broke off so the hook was still stuck in the salmon... but at least it's not broadcasting its location with a bright orange bobber on the surface LOL (it was quite funny and sad to watch).

Last year, I pounced on a salmon and pulled one of these off of its back:

[Image: 29-CanadianWaggler-288x269.jpg]

Cool, that was very nice of you to help the Salmon out and that's a really cool lure you got. When I was fishing Ganaraska River I casted and my line got tangles with another line and it was pulling hard I was yelling out "whoever's reeling this line in, calm down let me get it in and I'll untangle it" everyone looked at me awkwardly and said, that line is broken and it has a Salmon on it. I was shocked and began frantically trying to hand reel it in but lost the fish in the process, the good thing is I got the float out of him and that meant a free float for me! lol.

Giuga10
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's