Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Best low-visibility floats for gin-clear water?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Update, so I received my order of the 20 pencil floats from China:

[Image: 57932_3474615797991_899079186_n.jpg]

[Image: 57902_3474616037997_2043744471_n.jpg]

[Image: 408595_3474616398006_574508503_n.jpg]

They are quite low quality, almost drinking straw-like in construction. The red paint seems like it was slopped on by hand.

Other than that, it seems like they'd work nicely with a bit of silicone tubing to secure the line to the top of the float. There is a nice hole in the bottom for the line to pass through.

For under $4 for 20 floats though... I don't think I went too wrong! Big Grin
Drinking straw like? I think I'll go buy 10 cups of bubble tea just for the straws........lol. Plug both ends and paint the top......bango, got my floats.........lol. But it'll cost me like $40 and I'll be peeing all day.......lol.

I don't think you did too badly. $4 you can't make them for that much. I'm off to dollarama for straws....lol.
What is this propensity towards gin that anglers and aircraft modelers have? "Gin clear water" and "it has the glide angle of an empty gin bottle" are two phrases that come to mind. I prefer scotch Smile
(10-08-2012 11:52 AM)beaser Wrote: [ -> ]What is this propensity towards gin that anglers and aircraft modelers have? "Gin clear water" and "it has the glide angle of an empty gin bottle" are two phrases that come to mind. I prefer scotch Smile

I don't know... it could be the slow fishing days... Big Grin
(10-08-2012 11:52 AM)beaser Wrote: [ -> ]What is this propensity towards gin that anglers and aircraft modelers have? "Gin clear water" and "it has the glide angle of an empty gin bottle" are two phrases that come to mind. I prefer scotch Smile

Me too...........

“There is no such thing as a bad whisky. Some whiskies just happen to be better than others.” - William Faulkner

Cheers,

OldTimer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's