Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing Map - Penninsula Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's a map of PENNINSULA LAKE that I fished along the way a while ago (as you'll see on the publish date). Perhaps someone out there will benefit from this post.

The MNR used to sell these plasticized maps for anglers to use. Not anymore.

The notes on facilities may possibly be outdated? - but the lake bottom contours will be very close to those current.

One scan is the lake’s general information; one scan is the hydrographic map of the lake.

[attachment=345]

[attachment=346]

Cheers,

OldTimer
Here’s a more up to date fact sheet from the MNR published in 2010:

[attachment=760]

Cheers,

OldTimer
longnose sucker eh...
Yeah...interesting...wonder where they spawn... Wink
(02-11-2014 09:43 AM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah...interesting...wonder where they spawn... Wink

Here's some more info:

[attachment=764]

I see in this doc that the species is in all of this "chain"

I'll also add that from personal experience that there is no "major" river flowing into "Penn" lake. Those on the north shore east of Deerhurst and Holiday (Hidden) Valley Inn - first is a just creek at best...... and the other farther east pretty much is next to dry in the summer these days. Both have no land based access.

There is navigable river that runs between this lake and Fairy - but it has minimal current and no riffles to speak of.

Cheers,

OldTimer
The creek may be enough...they don't need much...just like white suckers.
They could be spawning against a windswept shoreline just like white suckers will do when there is no suitable stream access.
Just mind boggling that I haven't ever seen one in the flesh...
I don't know why it's not on here but this lake also has pike in it. Allot of the big boys.
Sure are......... I've caught a few of the smaller ones right from the Hidden Valley condo's swimming docks - casting Dardevles in the evening.

BTW - The second pdf posted shows pike in all the chain.

OT
Fished Penn quite a bit for pike and have caught many in the 8 to 12 pound range, lure of choice is the 5 of diamonds.
Like to troll about 100 yards of shore on north shore in a canoe with about 30 yards of line, gives a nice slow wobble to the spoon.
Just my 2cents worth
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's