Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: remote control boat fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yes we have all talked about it...can it be done?

http://vimeo.com/53146977
It's an interesting bait deployment concept...but the bowfin or carp that we target can easily capsize that boat...if not pull it under Big Grin
The range on the remote is not as far as I can send out a balloon. The boat does have the advantage that you can fit additional actuators for bait drop / release etc.
Nice toy anyway!!! lol
I have not had a chance to try it but I think this "Standard Balloon Rig" is pretty ingenious. I got a great spot to try it out an a windy day.

http://phartattack.tripod.com/balloon.html

This site also has some ingenious technique which seem a little awkward but just may work.
Lol that video is so cool!

Giuga10
I Have thought about this,

but instead of having a solid line on the boat, To use a clip where the line would pull off the boat once a fish hits...

It would be illegal to use this apparatus in ontario as the rule is that a fish must be brought in by rod and reel.

But if there was a rigging clip on the boat where you could troll around with the power boat and when a fish hits it releases,

I think this could work for a fun day of fishing.

~Jeremy
The cheapest way is to mount a clothes line clip to the RC boat and then clip your line to it. I haven't tried it but that's the route I'd go. I just don't wanna damage my boat with a screw hole....lol.
(12-02-2012 03:08 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote: [ -> ]troll around with the power boat and when a fish hits it releases,

I think this could work for a fun day of fishing.

~Jeremy

Now this I would be willing to try!!!

The video cracked me up.... the song!!! hahahah!

Imagining a nice ol' Ontario carp swimming away with your $200 boat.... bwahahahahahah
Carp? I was planning on using to troll for walleyes. I'd never risk my boats for a carp........lol. It's not like you need to cast your dough ball or corn ball very far for them anyways. Atleast for walleyes you could troll a crank this way...lol. The main concern would be setting the hook when you got the contoller in your hand.......lol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's