Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Anyone fished in Panama before?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was going over the projects list in work today and there's a possibility I can pick up a 10 day trip to Panama sometime in April.

Has anyone on here fished Panama city before?
No...but totally jealous Tongue

Have fun! If I dig up any info, I'll let you know.
(01-10-2013 10:01 AM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]No...but totally jealous Tongue

Have fun! If I dig up any info, I'll let you know.

Not definite yet, but it looks like my week in Vegas at the end of Feb is a go. I'm planning on targetting Carp in lake Mead.
Check out my Florida report. There is a 30lb Grass Carp somewhere in there. Wink
(01-10-2013 06:34 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Check out my Florida report. There is a 30lb Grass Carp somewhere in there. Wink

Saw that, very cool! Big Grin
If you have a business trip in the Miami area, let me know so I can send you to the Grass Carp spot. You may need a car to reach the location though; it's a good drive from Miami.

All you need is a hair rig, split shot, bread and a medium spinning combo with 8lb test...everything you already know and you already have. Big Grin
Appreciated!

I dont usually get any further south than Langley. Va for work, or occasionally out to the nags head piers if I stay on a few days over the weekend.

I'll keep my eye out of Florida based projects though.....Big Grin
Check ya PM...and keep it on the hush-hush. Grass Carp can easily get wary due to angling pressure...and then refuse to bite for us anymore. Wink I think you know that already though Big Grin

Michael and I were at another location where we saw a lot of Grass Carp and all of them were very wary...refusing to play. Sad The water was super clear plus the grassie were feeding literally right at shore, sucking up algae at the water's edge. We spooked A LOT of grassies there.

I think this spot I sent you is special since the water is deeper and more coloured (kinda like pea soup)...so maybe they are a bit less wary. But angling pressure can change that very quickly. Perhaps we also stumbled upon the appropriate presentation.
Reference URL's