Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: May Pike Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone interested in joining up for some Pike Fishing as soon as the season opens in May?
Season doesn't close in toronto until end of March, you can go now!
Way too cold for me haha. Brazilian boy can't handle the cold Tongue
I would though if I knew of a nice spot to fish from shore. I live in Brampton, willing to travel up to 45 minutes for a nice pike.
I used to be crazy about pike... but now I don't really care too much for them. No idea why... I guess I never found a good spot to catch them and discovered carp Tongue . Sorry I can't be of help finding you a spot, I've never had much success for pike.
You can fish for carp at this time of the year? I mean, I know they are open season year round, but can you actually catch anything in March?
Not open season year round. Season closes end of March and reopens mid-May. (spawning period).

there are a lot of decent sized Pike coming into harbours and bays shallows right now as the ice retreats, feeding up, getting ready for spawning.
(03-18-2013 02:45 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]Not open season year round. Season closes end of March and reopens mid-May. (spawning period).

there are a lot of decent sized Pike coming into harbours and bays shallows right now as the ice retreats, feeding up, getting ready for spawning.

I think he was talking about carp and open season year round. Wink

But yes, season close for pike from end of Match to mid-may.
(03-18-2013 03:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]I think he was talking about carp and open season year round. Wink

LOL.... long weekend....... Big Grin
(03-18-2013 04:35 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2013 03:14 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]I think he was talking about carp and open season year round. Wink

LOL.... long weekend....... Big Grin

Yeah, I'm like that some days too...and it doesn't take a long weekend either Big Grin
(03-18-2013 12:23 PM)Nerdastic Wrote: [ -> ]You can fish for carp at this time of the year? I mean, I know they are open season year round, but can you actually catch anything in March?

I've only done it for a year, but my best carp day so far was April 3rd of last year. And they were already active by that time, so I can imagine they were catchable even sooner last year.

But last year was a strange year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's