Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Penn Spinfisher 650SS saltwater grade reel ($80) - SOLD!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Penn Spinfisher 650SS reel for sale. This is a special price for OSF member for a week only before putting it up on Craigslist or Kijiji at a higher price. This is the 3rd generation Spinfisher that was still made in USA. The newer models you see at LeBaron or Sail is made in China, and diehard Penn owners said the new made in China models are of poorer quality. New model Spinfisher of this size sells for $140 or more. You're getting a much better quality reel for 50% off.

Here's what you get

- All metal construction with corrosion resistant plating.
- Sealed, waterproof HT-100 carbon fiber drag system
- Large capacity gold spool for 300 yard of 15 mono (or 300 yard of 40lb braid)

[Image: Penn_Diawa_02.jpg]

[Image: Penn_Diawa_03.jpg]

This reel is a tank that is very capable for fishing for catfish and salmon at the pier or rivermouths, you can even fish for sturgeon with it, and very capable for fishing saltwater off the beach or boat. I've caught catfish, salmon, trevally and barracuda on this reel so far. It's a beast of a reel. I've dunked it in saltwater and sand and all you need to ever do is rinse it off. No corrosion, no sand intrusion. I've cleaned and put in new grease recently just after the Florida trip.
Man - if I was in the market for a salt water reel - this is it.............. Highly rated piece of gear.

I'm sure you'll sell it fast.
(03-22-2013 12:17 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]Man - if I was in the market for a salt water reel - this is it.............. Highly rated piece of gear.

I'm sure you'll sell it fast.

Yeah...I didn't really want to sell it...but now that my sister moved back to Hong Kong, it'll be nice to put a little money back into the bank for the rainy days. Whoever is getting this reel will love it for years to come.

A lot of my gear are mid-range gear...but they are also bulletproof gear. Michael can vouch for the quality of my arsenal. My motto is always "the best quality for the money" so I don't have to upgrade all the time without spending too much money. With a little care, most of my gear will last 15-20 years of use.

You sure you don't want it, OT? Tongue
I was very tempted - but I have many more reels than I need now........ saving up for a boat...............
(03-22-2013 12:39 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]I was very tempted - but I have many more reels than I need now........ saving up for a boat...............

What size boat are you thinking about?
Nothing too big or spectacular......... 16' deep hull aluminum open top with 4 cycle tiller drive,....... or possibly a good used Boston Whaler in that size range.
Last weekend for this reel on here...then it is off to Craigslist or Kijiji. Get it while you can.
SOLD! So glad it went to a friend who actually knows the value of this reel. Smile
Glad the tank found a new home! Who did it end up going to Ken?

OldTimer whichever boat you get, make sure you get one that has a seat with my name on it Wink ok? Tongue
(07-22-2013 07:02 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Glad the tank found a new home! Who did it end up going to Ken?

OldTimer whichever boat you get, make sure you get one that has a seat with my name on it Wink ok? Tongue

Friend of mine from another forum. He's going to North Carolina next week to fish the Outer Banks. Sounds like he has a plan to fish Florida soon as well.

He did ask if I was interested in fishing New Jersey (and I counter offered Montauk) in October...long weekend trip...got my ears perked up! Wink Fall it is the right time for big stripah!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's