Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Humber River Suckers????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why don't we meet up for sucker?
(04-06-2013 03:10 PM)Sailor Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing in the Humber today. Nor Steelhead nor Suckers. But plenty of skunked anglers. Hords of them and no one caught a thing. I maybe caught a bit of frostbite on my hands; that's about all.

Still early for suckers...they usually run after steelhead. I think this year they'll come around late April.

When you get into a lot of suckers, it usually means the steelhead run is getting toward the tail end.
You might be right MB - things are "early- yet late" in some respects - odd spring...............

I just hope it does not result in trout on their beds on opening day..................
(04-06-2013 04:32 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]You might be right MB - things are "early- yet late" in some respects - odd spring...............

I just hope it does not result in trout on their beds on opening day..................

It's all a matter of cycle...we've had about 3-4 years of early run...one year all the steelhead were back in the lake before opener...

Another 7-8 years back, we had some very late springs and I remember fishing a couple of openers with snow on the ground...

I think this year is pretty much on par...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's