Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: This spring so far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kinda a different season so far in the southern Ontario horseshoe area....... doncha think?

Or is it just me?

Comments?
Feels like a pretty typical spring to me...shoreline ice is melting, tulips are still in the ground at the moment for most part...steelhead heating up out east if you have time to get them...nothing special really.

I do miss seeing daffodils and tree buds...we were spoiled with some "Ontario May" weather while we were in VA...can't wait for that kind of May weather in Ontario...just a matter of time.
I guess my averages have a larger pool of data.........smile

OT
Big Grin Yeah...maybe 20+ more years of data...

The springs you experienced "back then" were likely colder as well...my spring data only goes back about the 20 years I've been in Toronto area Big Grin
Saw 4 spawning Steelies at a local river today and accidentally caught a Brookie in a school of Suckers.
(04-06-2013 05:37 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]Saw 4 spawning Steelies at a local river today and accidentally caught a Brookie in a school of Suckers.

A speck in a Markum trib............ cool!
(04-06-2013 04:39 PM)MuskieBait Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin Yeah...maybe 20+ more years of data...

Yours to discover.
(04-06-2013 05:37 PM)Giuga10 Wrote: [ -> ]Saw 4 spawning Steelies at a local river today and accidentally caught a Brookie in a school of Suckers.

have a feeling we were on the same trib...probably different spots. was doing some hiking came upon fast running water. when I looked back, there was a "no trespassing" sign (how did that happen?) where I came from. lol. anyways. hiked some more. came upon a clearing. under the bright sunlight and this...

Very cool video Rich. Spring for me so far... some steelies and I hooked a carp. Will be back for more carp... steelie rivers are quite should-to-shoulder in open areas right now Sad... at least where I go.
(04-06-2013 06:27 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]

A speck in a Markum trib............ cool!

I wish you snapped a pic!
Hey guys,

Maybe you can give me info where I can go for Carp fishing. It's been a while since I wet a line. Just been hiking lately. To be honest. I haven't tried sucker fishing but mainly because I don't know where. Are they the same setup as Carp fishing?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's