You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
OFAH membership? - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: OFAH membership? (/Thread-OFAH-membership)

Pages: 1 2

RE: OFAH membership? - OldTimer - 01-18-2013 08:46 AM

(01-18-2013 01:10 AM)Eli Wrote:  IMHO it's just a stooge organization for various levels of the Conservative government.

Where was the OFAH when the Conservadrones carved fish habitat protection out of the Fisheries Act?

Where was the OFAH when the Navigable Waters Protection Act was re-written by low-brow mouthbreathers, removing navigation protection from 99.9% of Canada's inland water systems?

Seriously, where was this so called "voice of anglers and hunter"?

Actually........ they were an official registered lobby in these regards.

Do note that "lobbies" can also work against legislation.

Plus:

Their official position(s) and associated activities:

http://www.ofah.org/ofahcomments

Regards,

OldTimer

RE: OFAH membership? - Eli - 01-20-2013 01:45 PM

I'm not convinced, OldTimer.
Posting an 'official position' in the form of a friendly letter to a Minister isn't really taking much of a stance is it?
I'm no fan of the NRA, but can honestly say they HAVE a voice. When they have a grievance they'll rally on Capital Hill by the tens of thousands and get heard. Everyone knows who they are and what they stand for.
Outside the fishing and hunting community, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who knows who the OFAH are.

RE: OFAH membership? - OldTimer - 01-20-2013 02:02 PM

Please advise specifically what the NRA has accomplished by itself in Canada.

RE: OFAH membership? - Eli - 01-20-2013 03:35 PM

As far as I know, they don't exist in Canada.
I was using the NRA as an example to illustrate a point.