You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) (/Thread-Skunk-thread-aka-the-walk-of-shame)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - MuskieBait - 08-14-2015 02:47 PM

(08-14-2015 01:04 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Chalk up one for me..........didn't fish all that long, then lightning, thunder and heavy rain chased me right off the river..................grrrr

Wouldn't say it was a skunk if you couldn't put an honest effort into it.

If that was a skunk, then I'm skunked every day since I'm at work and work prevents me from fishing Tongue

RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - OldTimer - 08-14-2015 02:51 PM

I did see something different though (and new to me) ............. a few BIG (3#+) silver redhorse in the shallow riffles with their backs and tails sticking above the surface of the water - they were jostling and rolling slightly like they were scouring the bottom for something.

RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - MuskieBait - 08-14-2015 03:56 PM

And they were not responding to your presentation?

They could also be very, very late spawners. This year has been really messed up. I saw carp spawning in mid-July, and a friend reported a Largemouth Bass protection a school of fry recently.

RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - OldTimer - 08-15-2015 05:10 PM

(08-14-2015 03:56 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  And they were not responding to your presentation?

They could also be very, very late spawners. This year has been really messed up. I saw carp spawning in mid-July, and a friend reported a Largemouth Bass protection a school of fry recently.

Way too spooky........... And not definitely not spawning - single fish.

RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - Sam the boy - 08-15-2015 08:21 PM

(08-15-2015 05:10 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  
(08-14-2015 03:56 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  And they were not responding to your presentation?

Way too spooky........... And not definitely not spawning - single fish.

I went to central island last Thursday, and I got skunked. So weird, thee was no fish, like none! Other than the pike I hooked at a harbour which my line snapped just when I was going to land it.Confused

RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - OldTimer - 11-16-2015 03:31 PM

Chalk one up for me today. Fished 2.5 hours targeting carp using corn - saw little surface activity (2 light rolls - unknown species) and no minnows at all in the shallows . Not a tap.

Oh well - was still absolutely great weather and I did meet an angler older than I - we shared stories and our thoughts on the thalweg in the Grand at various access locations - good stuff!

Worthwhile day. Actually got some more tan.

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: Skunk thread (aka the walk of shame) - zippyFX - 11-16-2015 04:30 PM

Sorry to here OT!

I was out on Wednesday night and got three solid hits but all dropped the hook before they got to the bank Smile