You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
New type of Fishing Derby - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: New type of Fishing Derby (/Thread-New-type-of-Fishing-Derby)

New type of Fishing Derby - OldTimer - 04-19-2013 01:45 PM

This will open some eyes........ and minds.

Carp Madness 2013……….. a new style Fishing Tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQYJd-7iQb8

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: New type of Fishing Derby - MuskieBait - 04-19-2013 03:31 PM

Yeah, I saw that a while ago.

Very interesting. Although I would much rather see that these Asian Carp are harvested by other means...rather than gill net. I'm not sure what the catch rate is like bycatch of native species...but if jumping is the defining characteristic of Asian Carp, you could just run the boat and collect the Asian Carp as they jump into the waiting catch nets that are set up around the boat. Just envision a boat surrounded on all sides with a 5' wide margin of catch net.

RE: New type of Fishing Derby - OldTimer - 04-19-2013 03:37 PM

.............. soon in watercourse near you.

RE: New type of Fishing Derby - TOFishingNoob - 04-21-2013 10:14 AM

Neat video, thanks for the share, hope they never establish in the great lakes

RE: New type of Fishing Derby - MichaelAngelo - 04-23-2013 08:35 PM

(04-19-2013 03:31 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Yeah, I saw that a while ago.

Very interesting. Although I would much rather see that these Asian Carp are harvested by other means...rather than gill net. I'm not sure what the catch rate is like bycatch of native species...but if jumping is the defining characteristic of Asian Carp, you could just run the boat and collect the Asian Carp as they jump into the waiting catch nets that are set up around the boat. Just envision a boat surrounded on all sides with a 5' wide margin of catch net.

I can imagine after a few years of this method there won't be any jumpers anymore... lol. Then what?