You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Packing light for some Gbay fishing? - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Packing light for some Gbay fishing? (/Thread-Packing-light-for-some-Gbay-fishing)

Packing light for some Gbay fishing? - MichaelAngelo - 07-14-2014 02:23 PM

I'm going on a 5 day portaging trip through Killarney PP, ending up in Baie Finn for 2 days.   Lots of portaging really restrict the amount of tackle I can take to a small fanny pack, less weight the better.

So, what're the versatile options I should consider?

I'm thinking some spinnerbaits, hot n tots, football jigs, and some tubes.  Open to any suggestions! 

RE: Packing light for some Gbay fishing? - MuskieBait - 07-14-2014 02:34 PM

A small hand shovel to dig some worms...that's all you need Tongue

If the shovel is too heavy, you have your own two hands. Tongue

If I were to bring some lures... a couple of #3 Mepps, a couple of X-Raps 8, a couple of Zara Puppy, a couple of silver 2/5oz Cleos and a few hair jigs.

RE: Packing light for some Gbay fishing? - OldTimer - 07-14-2014 04:09 PM

a few Silver #2 or 3 Mepps, a few classic red/white Dardevle spoons , a pack of Mister Twister (white) + some jig heads, some #4 & #8 baitholder hooks and some split shot.................. plus a good solid heavy knife (not a fillet knife) - it can be used for many things plus digging or looking in/under dead fall logs or rocks for bait.

Cheers,

OldTimer

RE: Packing light for some Gbay fishing? - Thebassmaster - 03-21-2019 09:50 PM

Stick with smaller baits, they are more versatile and increase your chances of getting bite.