You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Credit Salmon - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Credit Salmon (/Thread-Credit-Salmon)

Pages: 1 2

Credit Salmon - spudsaway - 08-31-2014 03:22 PM

Anyone been down the credit lately and how is the run ? I Want to take my son down for the fun.. Cool

RE: Credit Salmon - MichaelAngelo - 09-02-2014 09:12 AM

Credit's not my neck of the woods, so I'm not sure about the timing of the runs. Your best bet is to head over and check it out.

RE: Credit Salmon - NaturehasIT - 09-03-2014 12:05 AM

its a nice piece of river to fish if u know the places
I actually fish the upper stretches alot. caught some hefty brookies and browns recently

RE: Credit Salmon - spudsaway - 09-03-2014 09:58 AM

Thanks Guys , I have a fly rod I really should try for the Brookies I live so close to Ken Williams as an access point 13 k .

RE: Credit Salmon - Toasty - 09-03-2014 09:35 PM

In my real experience, the run on that stretch comes a bit later than on some other tribs. Haven't been out there this year yet though, I mainly go Credit when it's Steelie season.

RE: Credit Salmon - onwind - 09-04-2014 12:25 PM

There is no fish yet. be patient and try east tribe.

RE: Credit Salmon - matloobalvi - 09-12-2014 11:23 PM

did anyone try for Salmon at Brampton Credit River ?

RE: Credit Salmon - MuskieBait - 09-13-2014 09:56 AM

Most of the salmon are stopped on their upstream migration by the dam in Streetville. They usually do not get as far as Brampton. It is a large dam that is difficult for the fish to jump. A small number may be able to get through the fish ladder, but the fish ladder's purpose is not intended to allow Pacific Salmon to pass. It is in fact designed to allow Steelhead, Brown Trout and Atlantic Salmon to pass, while preventing Pacific Salmon from passing. If the water is extremely high, some Pacific Salmon may be able to jump the dam...but it probably requires flooding condition. The small number that you could find may be sparsely distributed.

Very few people ever fish north of Streetville for that reason.

RE: Credit Salmon - Gambigator - 09-18-2014 08:18 PM

It's funny because before I even saw this post, we just went this evening to see what was there. I didn't see Any Salmon on the Brampton portion of the credit. But there were definitely trout, a few were even top feeding around a snag in the river.

If you can find this place I think you will have some success there. Looks like a good spot I have a good feeling about it. I'm going to give it a try this weekend.
[Image: 39811688.jpg]

RE: Credit Salmon - matloobalvi - 09-18-2014 09:11 PM

I had tired close to Norval Dam. Under the bridge on Hwy 7 and Winston Churchill. but no luck. Yesterday I went to Fairy Lake Acton same nothing.