You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Spring Fishing and Boat Show - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Spring Fishing and Boat Show (/Thread-Spring-Fishing-and-Boat-Show)

Spring Fishing and Boat Show - wknd outdoorsman - 02-19-2017 11:38 AM

I took the fam to the SF&B Show yesterday and had a great time. I bought a few goodies for me, bought my daughter her first rod & reel combo, and I got to meet Bob Izumi!

RE: Spring Fishing and Boat Show - Fossil Fish - 02-19-2017 02:00 PM

I was there too yesterday. I left soon after Bob's seminar. I came home with a few new lures and if I didn't already have 6 rods, I likely would have gotten one of those Carrot Stix ones.

RE: Spring Fishing and Boat Show - MuskieBait - 02-19-2017 04:10 PM

(02-19-2017 02:00 PM)Fossil Fish Wrote:  I was there too yesterday. I left soon after Bob's seminar. I came home with a few new lures and if I didn't already have 6 rods, I likely would have gotten one of those Carrot Stix ones.

Avoid the Carrot Stix. Read plenty of bad reviews of those rod snapping.

RE: Spring Fishing and Boat Show - wknd outdoorsman - 02-19-2017 04:38 PM

When I got there it looked like everyone was carrying out a Carrot Stix rod! I ended up purchasing my first bait caster - Shimano Caenan. And I got a 7 ft MH Quantum Accurist rod to pair it up with. The guys at Shimano gave me some free swag for buying the reel too!

RE: Spring Fishing and Boat Show - Fossil Fish - 02-19-2017 05:40 PM

(02-19-2017 04:10 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  
(02-19-2017 02:00 PM)Fossil Fish Wrote:  I was there too yesterday. I left soon after Bob's seminar. I came home with a few new lures and if I didn't already have 6 rods, I likely would have gotten one of those Carrot Stix ones.

Avoid the Carrot Stix. Read plenty of bad reviews of those rod snapping.

From what I was told (by one of the reps), one of the early batches of rods was prone to breakage and they traced that problem back to the factory. Since then, they've changed manufacturers and haven't had significant issues since. They come with a lifetime guarantee which is also nice.

RE: Spring Fishing and Boat Show - MuskieBait - 02-21-2017 12:29 PM

I hope for your sake they have fixed the problems. Some of the early batches were so poor that people stopped sending their rods back for replacements after repeated breakages. All this I read of bass forums (say it ain't so!). Let us know how the rod works out for you! Smile

RE: Spring Fishing and Boat Show - Fossil Fish - 02-21-2017 01:55 PM

(02-21-2017 12:29 PM)MuskieBait Wrote:  I hope for your sake they have fixed the problems. Some of the early batches were so poor that people stopped sending their rods back for replacements after repeated breakages. All this I read of bass forums (say it ain't so!). Let us know how the rod works out for you! Smile

I didn't buy one, I was just tempted to. I think I'll work with the 6 I have before adding any more to the arsenal.