You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Bass opener Plans!?!? - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Bass opener Plans!?!? (/Thread-Bass-opener-Plans)

Pages: 1 2

Bass opener Plans!?!? - wknd outdoorsman - 06-20-2012 11:06 PM

Anyone have plans for the Bass opener this weekend?

Ive reserved a boat for this Sunday on Little Lake in Barrie. Ready to go with my spinner baits and cranks!!!

Im just excited to spend a full day with a line in the water!!

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - MikeH - 06-20-2012 11:16 PM

(06-20-2012 11:06 PM)wknd outdoorsman Wrote:  Anyone have plans for the Bass opener this weekend?

Ive reserved a boat for this Sunday on Little Lake in Barrie. Ready to go with my spinner baits and cranks!!!

Im just excited to spend a full day with a line in the water!!

sounds like a good idea! Do you have room for one more... Tongue

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - --G-- - 06-20-2012 11:55 PM

Since this is my first ever bass opener, I would love to get out this weekend. Even for a couple of hours. I have only ever seen picture of bass before.

If anyone is going out downtown GTA (by downtown, I mean on the TTC lines) or if anyone can point me in the direction of a good spot - let me know.

I have been reading up on bass, and it seems like small spinner, cranks or plastic worms dragged on the deck are the way forward.

very very excited to get a shot at these wee fighters!

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - MichaelAngelo - 06-21-2012 12:47 AM

(06-20-2012 11:55 PM)--G-- Wrote:  very very excited to get a shot at these wee fighters!

That's right, they fight really well for their size! I guess that's what make bass such a popular sport fish.

I wish I could help on the spots in the GTA. The only bass I know of are it cottage country, accessible by canoe LOL.

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - some_guy - 06-21-2012 11:12 AM

My boat is stuck at Simcoe, so I am going to probably hit Long Shoal hoping for a miracle. Simcoe has not been kind to me this year.

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - OldTimer - 06-21-2012 03:02 PM

(06-20-2012 11:06 PM)wknd outdoorsman Wrote:  Anyone have plans for the Bass opener this weekend?

Sure do.....due to the heat etc........ fishing deep, fishing slow, and fishing low light or near heavy cover or structure.

Night surface lure fishing on still waters could be a blast.............

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - Alex.D. - 06-21-2012 09:05 PM

I plan on working my way around hamilton harbor with these new jigrig hooks from owner!Big Grin

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - MuskieBait - 06-22-2012 11:47 AM

I'm going fishing...but my prime target is not bass...although where I'll be fishing bass outnumber my target despite what the media like the public to believe...

I would hate it if bass kept hitting my frog or chatterbait on that weekend. I wouldn't travel that far just to catch a bass. Big Grin

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - OldTimer - 06-22-2012 03:43 PM

I'm hoping to give this a go too,............. Jika Rigs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9LcxAHMPY

RE: Bass opener Plans!?!? - George Sigmund - 06-22-2012 07:45 PM

My plans is for the canada day weekend, i'm going to Lower Buckhorn Lake for bass. Does anyone have any experience there?