You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Rod Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Rod Suggestions (/Thread-Rod-Suggestions)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Rod Suggestions - MichaelAngelo - 07-30-2012 10:49 AM

(07-29-2012 02:30 AM)roska Wrote:  I agreed with fishfight
Salmon and steelhead rod are too different.
I,have shimano Claris and I really like it it is light too.
Plus I hook all kind of salmon and never get broken I tried with 30lb line
I am telling you this is like 13ft ugly stick but im7 make it is like a feather

Jason

My grandfather's late friend left him the Daiwa Kevlar Whisker 7' medium rod. I don't think they make these anymore, if they do please let me know.

I think it may be worth a pretty penny. It's feather light, just a wonderful rod.

I really hope they still make them.

RE: Rod Suggestions - beaser - 08-23-2012 04:32 AM

Shimano Convergence are available at Can Tire stores and they will price match with LeBaron. You get a bonus of 10% of final price in CTC money.

RE: Rod Suggestions - grubman - 08-23-2012 09:49 AM

(08-23-2012 04:32 AM)beaser Wrote:  Shimano Convergence are available at Can Tire stores and they will price match with LeBaron. You get a bonus of 10% of final price in CTC money.

They will only price match LeBaron? What about Bass Pro. CT's sale price is LeBaron's regular price, so you don't have to wait for CT to have a sale, just go to LeBaron. More CT around and probably closer. 10% is good most purchases only give you 3%.

RE: Rod Suggestions - beaser - 08-23-2012 11:34 AM

[/quote]

They will only price match LeBaron? What about Bass Pro. CT's sale price is LeBaron's regular price, so you don't have to wait for CT to have a sale, just go to LeBaron. More CT around and probably closer. 10% is good most purchases only give you 3%.
[/quote]

I don't understand your point, CTC will price match any Brick and Mortar store that's relatively close by. I've price matched LeBaron and Sail with no problem

I try and play fair in that this week I bought an 8.5 ft Convergence from LeBaron because I was there and they spent time with me. If I take a man's time I'll buy the product from him, it's the honourable thing to do IMO.

Yesterday I bought some fluorocarbon line CTC wanted 10.95, LeBaron was 9.45 so I save 1.50 and got $1 in CTC money.

Last week I bought a rod at Crappy Tire, CTC's price was 79.95 but they price matched sail for 54.95 and gave me $6.50 extra CTC money.

I stopped by Sail and was so impressed by their customer service I think i'd be inclined to shop there whenever possible. Night and day difference between retailers. There were 3 employees at sail fishing and they all stood out as really giving a damn. I had bough a reel at Lebaron but they didn't have the line I wanted. I bought it at Sail and they put it on for me. I told the guy that I'd take it home because I wanted to put a mono backer on and he said,"no problem and did it for me. That's service!

Just an FYI. The Convergence 8.5 ft medium (8-12lb) is 83.36 at lebaron