You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Worst luck ever - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Worst luck ever (/Thread-Worst-luck-ever)

Worst luck ever - bettercallsaul - 09-30-2012 02:44 PM

I was out fishing for perch today and caught a tagged fish. I didn't know about the Barrie fall fishing festival as it is its first time this year. When I finally found out from the most mule-like person ever where to register, they said it was too late. It's pretty disheartening but looking at the registration costs I probably wouldn't pay $40 for a shot in the dark... Also, you need to bring it in alive, but this dude was buried by a couple dozen of his fallen comrades, who died for a tasty lunch.

RE: Worst luck ever - MichaelAngelo - 09-30-2012 05:15 PM

(09-30-2012 02:44 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote:  I was out fishing for perch today and caught a tagged fish. I didn't know about the Barrie fall fishing festival as it is its first time this year. When I finally found out from the most mule-like person ever where to register, they said it was too late. It's pretty disheartening but looking at the registration costs I probably wouldn't pay $40 for a shot in the dark... Also, you need to bring it in alive, but this dude was buried by a couple dozen of his fallen comrades, who died for a tasty lunch.

You caught a tagged fish?! That sounds like spectacular luck to me! How many did they tag???

RE: Worst luck ever - bettercallsaul - 09-30-2012 05:27 PM

(09-30-2012 05:15 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(09-30-2012 02:44 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote:  I was out fishing for perch today and caught a tagged fish. I didn't know about the Barrie fall fishing festival as it is its first time this year. When I finally found out from the most mule-like person ever where to register, they said it was too late. It's pretty disheartening but looking at the registration costs I probably wouldn't pay $40 for a shot in the dark... Also, you need to bring it in alive, but this dude was buried by a couple dozen of his fallen comrades, who died for a tasty lunch.

You caught a tagged fish?! That sounds like spectacular luck to me! How many did they tag???

Apparently 71 tags, with 11 being turned in.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2012/09/30/fall-fishing-festival-wraps-up-big-one-got-away

RE: Worst luck ever - MichaelAngelo - 09-30-2012 11:34 PM

" “You don't need a boat. . .to succeed in this tournament,” Phillips said. "

Now that's what I like to hear Cool

RE: Worst luck ever - beaser - 10-01-2012 01:46 AM

I drove by Kempenfelt Bay this afternoon and marvelled at the many fishermen stationed near the outlet of the sewage plant.

I didn't try kempenfelt bay, instead spending my time on the river.