You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa (/Thread-You-gotta-love-the-shore-fishing-in-Ottawa)

Pages: 1 2 3

You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - zippyFX - 11-03-2012 01:17 PM

Earlier this week I caught a 30 inch Pike.

Today I caught a 49 Musky... I also caught mitful of Perch and rock bass....

Big Smile on my face today Smile

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - OldTimer - 11-03-2012 02:35 PM

Nice fish.

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - MuskieBait - 11-03-2012 02:57 PM

Ottawa certainly is a very fishy place. Big Grin

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - OldTimer - 11-03-2012 03:11 PM

Both in the river and on the hill............ smile.

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - Giuga10 - 11-03-2012 03:53 PM

(11-03-2012 03:11 PM)OldTimer Wrote:  Both in the river and on the hill............ smile.

Good one..... Big Grin

Giuga10

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - MichaelAngelo - 11-03-2012 09:21 PM

HOLEY COW

[Image: holycow1.jpg]

Hard work paid off!!!

Live minnows as bait?

Definitely wished I had a big river fishing opportunity like the Detroit or Ottawa close by...

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - zippyFX - 11-03-2012 11:03 PM

This was on the Rideau on the long reach using an 8 inch sucker.

Man was I pumped Smile)

(11-03-2012 09:21 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  HOLEY COW

Hard work paid off!!!

Live minnows as bait?

Definitely wished I had a big river fishing opportunity like the Detroit or Ottawa close by...

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - MichaelAngelo - 11-04-2012 02:11 AM

Under a bobber or on bottom?

Did you just cast out that sucker on a hook?

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - zippyFX - 11-04-2012 09:27 AM

Under a bobber about 36 inches in about 8 ft of water to keep the sucker on top of the weeds. With no bober they were all going to ground.

RE: You gotta love the shore fishing in Ottawa - zippyFX - 11-04-2012 08:03 PM

I was in ahurry this morning... Let me add:

I should also add that this spot is between two weed beds and about 20 ft in front there is a good drop off to about 30ft. On Monday I was catching small Perch, Sunfish and small Rock Bass there for the first time ever. There was a splash which I thought was likely a Large Mouth since I caught a couple there. I flipped in a minnow and put my rod down. About 5 minutes later it was almost pulled into the river. I caught a 30 inch Pike in the weeds.

The Musky and Pike are following in the bait fish and I think I caught this one in transit.

Another neat thing was the sucker could sense the Musky coming.... I saw the sucker bolting looking for cover while the Musky was still about 20ft away....

I got to watch close up as the Musky lunged for the sucker and miss.... turn around and go back for it a couple of times before it caught it. Since I could see what was going on I tried to time the hook set before the Muskie swallowed the sucker and got gut hooked....

I have been looking for a quick strike rig but I have found one yet.