You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
remote control boat fishing - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: remote control boat fishing (/Thread-remote-control-boat-fishing)

Pages: 1 2

remote control boat fishing - tangledline - 12-01-2012 09:36 AM

yes we have all talked about it...can it be done?

http://vimeo.com/53146977

RE: remote control boat fishing - MuskieBait - 12-01-2012 11:07 AM

It's an interesting bait deployment concept...but the bowfin or carp that we target can easily capsize that boat...if not pull it under Big Grin

RE: remote control boat fishing - MikeH - 12-01-2012 11:15 AM

The range on the remote is not as far as I can send out a balloon. The boat does have the advantage that you can fit additional actuators for bait drop / release etc.

RE: remote control boat fishing - Tjh70 - 12-01-2012 12:20 PM

Nice toy anyway!!! lol

RE: remote control boat fishing - zippyFX - 12-01-2012 07:32 PM

I have not had a chance to try it but I think this "Standard Balloon Rig" is pretty ingenious. I got a great spot to try it out an a windy day.

http://phartattack.tripod.com/balloon.html

This site also has some ingenious technique which seem a little awkward but just may work.

RE: remote control boat fishing - Giuga10 - 12-02-2012 01:52 AM

Lol that video is so cool!

Giuga10

RE: remote control boat fishing - Jeremy Ray Green - 12-02-2012 03:08 PM

I Have thought about this,

but instead of having a solid line on the boat, To use a clip where the line would pull off the boat once a fish hits...

It would be illegal to use this apparatus in ontario as the rule is that a fish must be brought in by rod and reel.

But if there was a rigging clip on the boat where you could troll around with the power boat and when a fish hits it releases,

I think this could work for a fun day of fishing.

~Jeremy

RE: remote control boat fishing - grubman - 12-05-2012 08:53 PM

The cheapest way is to mount a clothes line clip to the RC boat and then clip your line to it. I haven't tried it but that's the route I'd go. I just don't wanna damage my boat with a screw hole....lol.

RE: remote control boat fishing - MichaelAngelo - 12-05-2012 10:39 PM

(12-02-2012 03:08 PM)Jeremy Ray Green Wrote:  troll around with the power boat and when a fish hits it releases,

I think this could work for a fun day of fishing.

~Jeremy

Now this I would be willing to try!!!

The video cracked me up.... the song!!! hahahah!

Imagining a nice ol' Ontario carp swimming away with your $200 boat.... bwahahahahahah

RE: remote control boat fishing - grubman - 12-06-2012 02:41 PM

Carp? I was planning on using to troll for walleyes. I'd never risk my boats for a carp........lol. It's not like you need to cast your dough ball or corn ball very far for them anyways. Atleast for walleyes you could troll a crank this way...lol. The main concern would be setting the hook when you got the contoller in your hand.......lol.