You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Cheap/Knock-off lures - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Cheap/Knock-off lures (/Thread-Cheap-Knock-off-lures)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - TheMug - 04-04-2012 03:01 AM

I got some of those cheap walmart spinners that won't spin either. Is there no way to bend it or something to fix that?

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - manitoubass2 - 04-04-2012 10:19 AM

What type of spinners are you guys referring too?

Inline spinners? Bass style spinners? Walleye spinners (lieke a Lindy Rig style)?

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - MichaelAngelo - 04-05-2012 12:23 AM

(04-04-2012 10:19 AM)manitoubass2 Wrote:  What type of spinners are you guys referring too?

Inline spinners? Bass style spinners? Walleye spinners (lieke a Lindy Rig style)?

Inline spinners like Mepps aglia.

Maybe if I put it side-by-side with my aglia I could notice differences that cause the malfunction. maybe hammering the blade into a different shape would make them spin.

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - MichaelAngelo - 04-05-2012 12:24 AM

A few days ago my order from wlure.com came in. I must say I'm pretty impressed with the lures and actions, especially the triple jointed crank I got for under $3. $5 for 3 plugs is dirt cheap.

If I catch on them the pictures are going here!

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - manitoubass2 - 04-05-2012 09:20 AM

(04-05-2012 12:24 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  A few days ago my order from wlure.com came in. I must say I'm pretty impressed with the lures and actions, especially the triple jointed crank I got for under $3. $5 for 3 plugs is dirt cheap.

If I catch on them the pictures are going here!

Cool! Cheap lures are hit and miss. I've bought 5 one time, they were all different model crank baits with horrible colors. My intention was to paint them the way I wanted to use for bass. The paint jobs turned out pretty good, but 4 outta the five lures would run in current, even after modifying them. The one that did work though absolutely smashed bass on all last season. I painted it glow in the dark chartruesse, and it dove to 6ft. Eventually I lost in on a snag. I was heartbroked, lol

(04-05-2012 12:23 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  
(04-04-2012 10:19 AM)manitoubass2 Wrote:  What type of spinners are you guys referring too?

Inline spinners like Mepps aglia.

Maybe if I put it side-by-side with my aglia I could notice differences that cause the malfunction. maybe hammering the blade into a different shape would make them spin.

Thats odd? Those spinners should turn real easy. Check the clevis that holds the blade in place, maybe it's pinched off?

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - T Dot - 01-22-2013 03:28 PM

here are my thoughts: if you have the time to tune a lure, more power to you. however, i like to have a lure that runs true out of the box. i would rather be fishing that tuning.

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - Giuga10 - 01-22-2013 05:45 PM

(04-04-2012 03:01 AM)TheMug Wrote:  I got some of those cheap walmart spinners that won't spin either. Is there no way to bend it or something to fix that?

I bought those exact same spinners. I had the company send me a new pack 2 times before I just gave up on getting a good set.

I think the company is Blaze.

Giuga10

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - MichaelAngelo - 01-26-2013 10:27 AM

Just an update almost a year after I placed the original order. Like most lures I buy, I haven't really used them all that much. They do require tuning...

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - MuskieBait - 01-26-2013 01:05 PM

(01-26-2013 10:27 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote:  Just an update almost a year after I placed the original order. Like most lures I buy, I haven't really used them all that much. They do require tuning...

After 15 years of fishing, I've sold of at least 2/3 of my lures. There are still some that I want to sell...

I catch most of my fish using bait...300 species later, I'm still using bait most of the time...and will continue to use bait of all sorts in the future.

RE: Cheap/Knock-off lures - OldTimer - 01-26-2013 01:52 PM

so...........Question is........ when you do use the 1/3 you kept...........which ones are your "goto" lures?