You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Fly Tying Course - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Fly Tying Course (/Thread-Fly-Tying-Course)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fly Tying Course - grubman - 01-10-2013 09:44 AM

Hi all
I'm arranging a beginner's fly tying course at Wilson's Fly Shop on Queen St. Toronto. If you ever wondered if you'd like fly tying or fly fishing, this is one of the courses for you. Books and videos are fine but to have someone show you the proper techniques and avoid mistakes is invaluable. It's only $50 for 3 hours of professional instruction. Materials and tools are supplied, I plan to bring my own tools: vise....etc. Class size max is 8 people. Will be on a Saturday from 9:30 am to 12:30pm, I'm hoping for Jan 19.

If you're interested or have any questions let me know.
Thanks.

RE: Fly Tying Course - onwind - 01-10-2013 04:32 PM

I am interested.

RE: Fly Tying Course - grubman - 01-10-2013 06:36 PM

Awesome, we'll have a great time.

RE: Fly Tying Course - MichaelAngelo - 01-12-2013 03:50 PM

Is it $50 a person or $50 for the group?

RE: Fly Tying Course - grubman - 01-14-2013 03:15 PM

Michael it's $50 per person. max group size is 6 or 8. But bigger group is not good, less attention. I'm calling to book right now for this coming Saturday at 9:30am-12:30 pm. Let me know if your in.

Onwind can you confirm with me by Wed. They will cancel if there's not at least 3 people.

Thanks.

RE: Fly Tying Course - grubman - 01-19-2013 04:26 PM

I just got back. It was great. Sheldon was the instructor. Hugo was minding the store. Even as a basic course it does form the foundation of how to tie up most other materials. The priciples and techniques are very similar. For anyone wanting to tie their own flies for themselves and friends; this course was well worth it. I would consider taking the intermediate courses in the future, for the more difficult flies. For now I'm gonna pratice practice and more practice.

Thanks Onwind for coming, hope you gained as much as I did.

RE: Fly Tying Course - onwind - 01-19-2013 04:32 PM

The flies I tied during the course, it's fun. Thanks Jeff.
[attachment=391]

RE: Fly Tying Course - MichaelAngelo - 01-19-2013 10:29 PM

Looks great! I hope you catch a fish on those flies Smile... and not a snag.

RE: Fly Tying Course - grubman - 01-20-2013 08:27 PM

You're welcome.....lol. Your bugger looks perfect like store bought. I messed up the head on mine. I bet you can't wait to try it now......Big Grin We'll wait for a nice weekend when it's not -15 windchills......lol. I'll be going to Angling Specialties and Lebaron for some hooks one day. I've tied up my mouse fly already. It looks pretty rough but it's the first and I don't think fish will look for details. I can't wait for spring to try them out. I got lots of flies I want to tie up and try for trout, bass, pike and walleye. This year for me, I'm going to be "The lord of the flies"..........lol.

RE: Fly Tying Course - MuskieBait - 01-20-2013 10:26 PM

(01-20-2013 08:27 PM)grubman Wrote:  I got lots of flies I want to tie up and try for trout, bass, pike and walleye. This year for me, I'm going to be "The lord of the flies"..........lol.

Your bank account will not thank you. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin