You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Inline vs offset manual auger? - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Inline vs offset manual auger? (/Thread-Inline-vs-offset-manual-auger)

Inline vs offset manual auger? - MichaelAngelo - 01-17-2013 10:49 PM

Eying the sub $50, 8" manual auger from BPS, but I believe it is an inline auger. Would that make punching holes just that more difficult compared to an offset auger?

RE: Inline vs offset manual auger? - Giuga10 - 01-17-2013 11:23 PM

I won't be able to answer that question but I thought you might want to know this. Le Baron has some really nice sub $50 manual augers that me ad my dad were eyeing for a while. We even found one that I think was sub $40, we checked it out in store and it looked like a great auger. If you haven't already, you may want to check Le Baron also. Smile

Giuga10

RE: Inline vs offset manual auger? - MuskieBait - 01-17-2013 11:40 PM

It's a preference thing...

I prefer offset since I can use both arms to rotate the auger...but when the going gets tough and you need to apply downward force, inline does a better job since you can put one hand on the top and rotate with the other.

I have an offset...but there are days I wish I have an inline...especially when there is 24" of ice to auger through.

RE: Inline vs offset manual auger? - Eli - 01-18-2013 01:18 AM

Offset is the way to go. 8" fin-bore is the best manual auger you can get around here. Pay a little more and get a quality tool thats made in Sweden, not China.

RE: Inline vs offset manual auger? - MichaelAngelo - 01-18-2013 01:38 AM

(01-18-2013 01:18 AM)Eli Wrote:  Offset is the way to go. 8" fin-bore is the best manual auger you can get around here. Pay a little more and get a quality tool thats made in Sweden, not China.

LeBaron's got a good price on 'em... now I need one of their "no-tax" sales to pop up Big Grin