You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Ontario Shore Fishing Forum
Catch Limits - Printable Version

+- Ontario Shore Fishing Forum (http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Ontario Shore Fishing General Discussion (/Forum-Ontario-Shore-Fishing-General-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Catch Limits (/Thread-Catch-Limits)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Catch Limits - zippyFX - 02-04-2013 09:11 PM

don't get me wrong... I'm ok with the limit Wink Some others not so much.

(02-04-2013 08:51 PM)Eli Wrote:  You know what I really want to see in Southern and Eastern Ontario...a slot limit on pike. Maybe a keep limit of 2 fish with none over 30". I've been fishing here for most of my life and my biggest Ontario pike - out of the thousands I've caugh - was 40" even. This is an Eastern Ontario "trophy" pike. It's pathetic. And even moreso when you consider that the average pike around here is 22".
(02-04-2013 05:16 PM)zippyFX Wrote:  I know many people in zone 18 are fuming about no walleye greater than 19.7 inches.

No foresight + no hindsight = fuming.

RE: Catch Limits - Giuga10 - 02-04-2013 09:15 PM

(02-04-2013 08:51 PM)Eli Wrote:  You know what I really want to see in Southern and Eastern Ontario...a slot limit on pike. Maybe a keep limit of 2 fish with none over 30". I've been fishing here for most of my life and my biggest Ontario pike - out of the thousands I've caugh - was 40" even. This is an Eastern Ontario "trophy" pike. It's pathetic. And even moreso when you consider that the average pike around here is 22"

I second this, I've only ever caught 4 Pike and the biggest one was 3 lbs, which equals to only about 18''.

Giuga10

RE: Catch Limits - MuskieBait - 02-05-2013 09:18 AM

(02-04-2013 09:15 PM)Giuga10 Wrote:  I second this, I've only ever caught 4 Pike and the biggest one was 3 lbs, which equals to only about 18''.

Giuga10

Gotta check your scale or measuring tape if the pike was 3lbs but only 18" long...

Use any length and girth to weight calculator (or ratio formula), and also from personal experience, a 3lb pike is usually in the 21-24" range. An 18" pike is usually in the 1.5lb range.

I know anglers lie (I don't AngelTongueBig Grin), but that's just stretching the truth too far. Just trying to keep you honest. Tongue

RE: Catch Limits - Giuga10 - 02-05-2013 04:22 PM

(02-05-2013 09:18 AM)MuskieBait Wrote:  Gotta check your scale or measuring tape if the pike was 3lbs but only 18" long...

Use any length and girth to weight calculator (or ratio formula), and also from personal experience, a 3lb pike is usually in the 21-24" range. An 18" pike is usually in the 1.5lb range.

I know anglers lie (I don't AngelTongueBig Grin), but that's just stretching the truth too far. Just trying to keep you honest. Tongue

I was just guesstimating. It was 100% sure 3 lbs but I never measured it. That's why I said about instead of just dead on 18.

Thanks though,
Giuga10